The Student Room Group

anyone had scam calls from "British Telecoms"?

everyday on the landline I get scam callers calling once or twice telling me they're from british telecoms and it's gotten to the point that I actually just turned my landline off. I know they're scammers cause BT wouldn't call anyone randomly like that, they always called between the mornings and afternoon, and they all had a strong indian accent. I'm guessing they didn't call during the evening (british time) cause it would be night time there which further proves they're scammers. Has anyone else had this issue?
Original post by strfkr
everyday on the landline I get scam callers calling once or twice telling me they're from british telecoms and it's gotten to the point that I actually just turned my landline off. I know they're scammers cause BT wouldn't call anyone randomly like that, they always called between the mornings and afternoon, and they all had a strong indian accent. I'm guessing they didn't call during the evening (british time) cause it would be night time there which further proves they're scammers. Has anyone else had this issue?

Landline
Indian Accent
from BT

Checks out...

'from British Telecom'

Doesn't check out - it hasn't been 'British Telecom(s)' for many years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending