How should I complain about my terrible teacher

Watch this thread
FanaticalWarlock
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My computer science teacher AS teacher is awful. Shes lazy,non engaging and very inexperienced. Shes basically a supply teacher. I have decided that I need to do something about it because so far the only thing i've learnt in that lesson is how incompetent she is. I'm gonna complain to my head of sixth form but i'm not sure how to approach it. Should I give him an email or speak to him directly? How can I show him that no one in the class is actually learning anything?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FanaticalWarlock)
My computer science teacher AS teacher is awful. Shes lazy,non engaging and very inexperienced. Shes basically a supply teacher. I have decided that I need to do something about it because so far the only thing i've learnt in that lesson is how incompetent she is. I'm gonna complain to my head of sixth form but i'm not sure how to approach it. Should I give him an email or speak to him directly? How can I show him that no one in the class is actually learning anything?
You sound like a proper piece of work, child.
Attached files
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FanaticalWarlock)
It might be better to do it more directly, as in ensuring you have a paper trail.
It also might be an idea to get the support of your classmates in a letter to the Head of your Sixth Form and copy to the tutor.
Keep it formal.
FanaticalWarlock
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
How?
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Maybe so, but some teachers really are like this. When I was at uni I had a lecturer who was even worse - she was recycling other lecturers' notes, not submitting assignments for the internal verification process (doubless because they were actually recycled assignments from the previous year, as old IV stamps signified), and would verbally make changes to assignments after issuing them, without putting the changes into writing or issuing updated assignment briefs.

In the end all I had to do was go to the head of department and ask if I could see her qualifications. After he railed at me about my "personality clashes", he investigated and she was gone by the end of the month.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Maybe so, but some teachers really are like this. When I was at uni I had a lecturer who was even worse - she was recycling other lecturers' notes, not submitting assignments for the internal verification process (doubless because they were actually recycled assignments from the previous year, as old IV stamps signified), and would verbally make changes to assignments after issuing them, without putting the changes into writing or issuing updated assignment briefs.

In the end all I had to do was go to the head of department and ask if I could see her qualifications. After he railed at me about my "personality clashes", he investigated and she was gone by the end of the month.
Interesting - she sounds terrible.

You get my point though...
FanaticalWarlock
Rep:
(Original post by Tootles)

Exactly the same with my teacher man. This was our two hour lesson yesterday
She reads a powerpoint from our old teacher word for word
Shes asks us to read it
She tells us to do a powerpoint in our word about the slides
Lesson ends
FanaticalWarlock
Rep:
Interesting - she sounds terrible.

You get my point though...
To be fair...The name is abysmal.I agree.
FanaticalWarlock
Rep:
Is this a reference? If its an actual question then no.
Li_ger
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It's not a reference. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you but I'm doing GCSE. My theory teacher is terrible. All she does is read off a PowerPoint that she didn't even make.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Li_ger)
It's not a reference. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you but I'm doing GCSE. My theory teacher is terrible. All she does is read off a PowerPoint that she didn't even make.
It is Mrs Smith?
Li_ger
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It is Mrs Smith?
no
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Li_ger)
no
Oh, OK. Was it Mrs Jones then? I thought it might be.
FanaticalWarlock
Rep:
Yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.5%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads