The Student Room Group

Sheffield biochemistry

What is the difference between Sheffield's biochemistry, biochemistry & genetics, biochemistry & microbiology and biochemistry & molecular cell biology?
At a glance it looks like the have the same curriculum.
Original post by cosmoserdean
What is the difference between Sheffield's biochemistry, biochemistry & genetics, biochemistry & microbiology and biochemistry & molecular cell biology?
At a glance it looks like the have the same curriculum.

They probably do with slightly different focuses. Go with whichever of the options interests you the most.
I dont think really matters which molecular bio course you apply to because you can change what you do once you are there but:
In the 1st year everyone does the same with modules in biochem, genetics, microbio and molecular bio (general)
Then for year 2 you pick which 2 put of biochem genetics and microbio you want to do.
Then in year 3 there's lots of optional modules and you pick which ones you want to do but what you pick will decide the degree you get, like if you want a biochem degree you should do mostly biochem modules, if you do half biochem and half microbio then you'll get a degree in biochem and microbio.
I'm pretty sure that's the way it works form the open day and application, I could be wrong though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending