testertest1212
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I received the following email. Do they want my UCAS ID from last year? I don't have it as I deleted those emails a long time ago... I only have my UKCAT id from last year and this years UKCAT and UCAS ID...

Tell us your UCAS PID

The UKCAT testing cycle is now complete but we now need you to log into your Pearson VUE account and tell us your UCAS Personal ID (PID).
Important Information
As you have applied through UCAS previously, the PID we need is the original number you were given when you made your first ever application. As you are a re-applicant or graduate applicant the PID associated with your 2018 UCAS application up to the time of submission will be a temporary one. Once your 2018 application is submitted UCAS will then revert you back to your original PID. This is the PID we need!Please ensure you give us the correct PID shown at the top of the ‘Welcome email’ which UCAS will send you to confirm receipt of your 2018 application. It is also the PID you use to login to 'Track'. If you give us the temporary PID it may delay delivery of your results.Please log into your Pearson VUE account and tell us your correct UCAS PID by Friday 19 October 2018. Please enter this carefully and do not enter any spaces or dashes.
testertest1212
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Well anyway I entered this years PID that I received yesterday from UCAS. Bloody ukcat.
Jin3011
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's whatever your UCAS track log-in is now. That's the PID you give to Pearson VUE.

Best wishes.
student140536
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by testertest1212)
I received the following email. Do they want my UCAS ID from last year? I don't have it as I deleted those emails a long time ago... I only have my UKCAT id from last year and this years UKCAT and UCAS ID...

Tell us your UCAS PID

The UKCAT testing cycle is now complete but we now need you to log into your Pearson VUE account and tell us your UCAS Personal ID (PID).

Important Information
As you have applied through UCAS previously, the PID we need is the original number you were given when you made your first ever application.As you are a re-applicant or graduate applicant the PID associated with your 2018 UCAS application up to the time of submission will be a temporary one. Once your 2018 application is submitted UCAS will then revert you back to your original PID. This is the PID we need!Please ensure you give us the correct PID shown at the top of the ‘Welcome email’ which UCAS will send you to confirm receipt of your 2018 application. It is also the PID you use to login to 'Track'. If you give us the temporary PID it may delay delivery of your results.Please log into your Pearson VUE account and tell us your correct UCAS PID by Friday 19 October 2018. Please enter this carefully and do not enter any spaces or dashes.
call up ucas, they should be able to help you get your old PID
ben444
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I am applying for graduate medicine. I have just received an email from Pearson that stated: '

Important Information

As you have applied through UCAS previously, the PID we need is the original number you were given when you made your first ever application.

As you are a re-applicant or graduate applicant the PID associated with your 2018 UCAS application up to the time of submission will be a temporary one. Once your 2018 application is submitted UCAS will then revert you back to your original PID. This is the PID we need!

Please ensure you give us the correct PID shown at the top of the ‘Welcome email’ which UCAS will send you to confirm receipt of your 2018 application. It is also the PID you use to login to 'Track'. If you give us the temporary PID it may delay delivery of your results.

Please log into your Pearson VUE account and tell us your correct UCAS PID by Friday 19 October 2018. Please enter this carefully and do not enter any spaces or dashes.'I'm very confused. How am I supposed to find my UCAS PID from my first application in 2016? It doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone help??Thanks, Ben
Brian28msa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello all, I am a reapplicant to UCAS, choosing medicine as my subject and I have received an email from UKCAT telling me to enter the original UCAS ID pin. Now I have already changed this to my 2019 UCAS id and I was wondering if that’s correct. Does that mean I should change it back to the old one, i.e the one shown on my 2018 track? Thanks all for the help.
student140536
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Brian28msa)
Hello all, I am a reapplicant to UCAS, choosing medicine as my subject and I have received an email from UKCAT telling me to enter the original UCAS ID pin. Now I have already changed this to my 2019 UCAS id and I was wondering if that’s correct. Does that mean I should change it back to the old one, i.e the one shown on my 2018 track? Thanks all for the help.
Yes, change the PID back to the one you had during the 2018 cycle
PPIPPINN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had the same issue - I just called UCAS and they clarified that once you have submitted your application (aka this application for 2019 entry), you will receive a welcome email from UCAS and that email will inform you that your PID has changed. Basically it will revert back to the original PID you had on your first UCAS application, which is what you will need to send into UKCAT. Alternatively, call UCAS and go through a few security questions and they can give it to you. Hope this helps
Brian28msa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I just double checked the email and will use that PIN for the UKCAT. Thanks again for your help.
seanjohnston812
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had added my UCAS PID to my UKCAT account for universities to receive my results some time ago, but I just went onto my account and the UCAS PID was missing, they say the cut off point was the 19th and my application may be delayed but they don't send out the results until the first week of November so I'm worried in case my application doesn't go through and I don't get an interview because of it. Does anyone know if it will be affected?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by seanjohnston812)
I had added my UCAS PID to my UKCAT account for universities to receive my results some time ago, but I just went onto my account and the UCAS PID was missing, they say the cut off point was the 19th and my application may be delayed but they don't send out the results until the first week of November so I'm worried in case my application doesn't go through and I don't get an interview because of it. Does anyone know if it will be affected?
Did you make the deadline?
Have you talked to UKcat? If they are telling you to wait then do so. You wont be the only one who missed the deadline.
I expect you will be fine. If they have told you to wait then wait otherwise if it doesnt show after a few weeks then contact the unis direct.
wannabemedic101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I logged into my UKCAT online thing this morning and in the ‘details’ section my UCAS PID seemed to be missing? I’m fairly sure I have previously entered and saved it, however just to be on the safe side I re-entered it in case...
The deadline for PID was the 19th of October...
Will this prevent universities from seeing my UKCAT score? (Quite worries as 3/4 of my choices are UKCAT unis!!)
Anyone experienced similar??
username2300427
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here mate. I think it might delay processing of the application, but nothing more.

I am also pretty sure I put my PID in
Osssobear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I just checked and I did put my UCAS PID but it wasn't there today. I'm not sure what this is, hopefully it did save when I put it in last time.
wannabemedic101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone contacted UKCAT about this? I’ve tweeted and Facebook messaged them about this! I also left a little query on their website. Really worried!!
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wannabemedic101)
Has anyone contacted UKCAT about this? I’ve tweeted and Facebook messaged them about this! I also left a little query on their website. Really worried!!
Oh god this happened to me as well, the rest of my application was filled in so I'm sure I must have done the ucas id- Please update us with any answers you get! I have the same ratio of ukcat unis as well!
Osssobear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I asked one of my friends and the same thing happened to her. I was thinking maybe it disappears after the deadline or something, hopefully.
Zds123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here...
Herovoltsy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I entered my PID on the UKCAT website weeks before the deadline but when i logged into the website today the PID was missing. I was just wondering if i should contact VUE to see why this has happened as i know for sure that it was entered in time but now it appears that it has been removed?
andreasz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here. I am 100% sure that I entered it, I checked it 2 or 3 times.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
10.3%

Watched Threads