The Student Room Group

Childcare grant for PGCE

Hello, I'm currently considering my options for training to be a teacher once I graduate. My daughter will be 2 by the time I do my PGCE. According to the calculator here me and my husband would be entitled to the childcare grant, but others have said that if your household income is over £12k you are declined. To give a bit more detail my husband will also be at uni PT studying for his MA in Architecture. We will both be applying for tuition fee and maintenance loans. My husband will also be working PT, earning approximately £14,500. Thanks in advance, Sundas
Original post by Sundas89
Hello, I'm currently considering my options for training to be a teacher once I graduate. My daughter will be 2 by the time I do my PGCE. According to the calculator here me and my husband would be entitled to the childcare grant, but others have said that if your household income is over £12k you are declined. To give a bit more detail my husband will also be at uni PT studying for his MA in Architecture. We will both be applying for tuition fee and maintenance loans. My husband will also be working PT, earning approximately £14,500. Thanks in advance, Sundas

Hi,

The Childcare Grant isn't just based on the Household Income alone we also take into account how many children you have and residual income and only 1 parent can apply for the Childcare Grant if your both going to be students.

When the time comes to apply we would recommend you submit the application for Childcare Grant and we will then be able to do an assessment to determine eliglbity.

Regards, Aisha
Reply 2
Thanks Aisha, so is the calculator on your website that I linked in my original post correct as to what we would be entitled to?

Sundas
Original post by Sundas89
Thanks Aisha, so is the calculator on your website that I linked in my original post correct as to what we would be entitled to?

Sundas

Hi Sundas,

The Student Finance Calculator is an estimate and cannot be guaranteed until the assessors actually assess your application to give you a concenrete answer.

Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending