The Student Room Group

RAF phase 1 intake 2019

My dates:
9th Jan for PRTC
27th March BRTC

Anyone got the same? Hmu!

Scroll to see replies

What Trade are you going in as? I got my medical on Tuesday, but my afco officer promised my intake will be march as long as everything goes smoothly.
Reply 2
I’m going in as police how about you? And good! Let me know what happens after that, we might be on the same one
Re joining as a Medic. How did the application process go for you?
Reply 4
Original post by nintendodavies64

I only applied in June so pretty fast for me. Just waiting around now trying to get myself even fitter before I leave

Hiya, I've applied for a medic aswell! I applied in May last year so has taken quite long for me. They've given me a start date of march but no dates for my PRTC yet, have you?
Sent away my DBS forms on Friday, Been told im looking at March time for BRTC. Hoping to get some dates soon.
Sent away my DBS forms on Friday, Been told im looking at March time for BRTC. Hoping to get some dates soon.

Yeah that's the same as me, just eager to get started now!
Not been given any dates, just been told BRTC will be around march time
hi there is anyone joining as a mt driver ?

am only asking because am in the process of transferring across from the army but captia have failed me due to my left eye not meeting there standards in accordance with jsp 950 which i think is unfair going from one service to another in the same job role as well and been in almost 10 years as well

my eye sight is right +4.50 left 6.25 according to that the threshold is 6.00 if anyone knows anything please let me know

i will be appealing to the department of occupation of medicine with a letter from my consultant
Im in the same position, no dates for either PRTC or BRTC, but told March time. My trade is aircraft technician mechanical and I applied over a year ago

I've passed my PJFT recently and waiting on PRTC/BRTC dates. At what stage did you have to provide a DBS check? I'm also applying as a medic and have been told the earliest I can expect to start training is the end of May.

You said you're re-joining as a Medic. Were you a Medic previously then?

Cheers!
Original post by UKDreamer
I've passed my PJFT recently and waiting on PRTC/BRTC dates. At what stage did you have to provide a DBS check? I'm also applying as a medic and have been told the earliest I can expect to start training is the end of May.

You said you're re-joining as a Medic. Were you a Medic previously then?

Cheers!

Hiya, I'm also joining as a medic, got my PRTC end of march and hopefully brtc at the end of may, so that could possibly be the date for you! I didn't do anything for the DBS, it just arrived in the post one day so I presume the afco sort it out, all I then had to do was send a picture of it to my afco. Hopefully you'll get you dates soon x
Original post by mrmeseeks
My dates:
9th Jan for PRTC
27th March BRTC

Anyone got the same? Hmu!

My PRTC is on the 20th of february but we have the same BRTC date
Original post by AlexanderMaria99
Hiya, I'm also joining as a medic, got my PRTC end of march and hopefully brtc at the end of may, so that could possibly be the date for you! I didn't do anything for the DBS, it just arrived in the post one day so I presume the afco sort it out, all I then had to do was send a picture of it to my afco. Hopefully you'll get you dates soon x

I got my dates! So much later than everyone on here so perhaps your intake is getting pretty full already. Mine are later in the year and my BRTC ends near Christmas time which is mind blowing to me. Mixed feelings about it, I'm really eager to get started but happy I have the date,. At least I have plenty of time to crush my fitness and definitely get a job in the mean time! :colondollar: Good luck for March/May!
Original post by UKDreamer
I got my dates! So much later than everyone on here so perhaps your intake is getting pretty full already. Mine are later in the year and my BRTC ends near Christmas time which is mind blowing to me. Mixed feelings about it, I'm really eager to get started but happy I have the date,. At least I have plenty of time to crush my fitness and definitely get a job in the mean time! :colondollar: Good luck for March/May!

Hi, how long did you have to wait between your fitness test and getting your dates for PRTC/BRTC? I have my fitness test Friday! Im hoping my dates might be sooner as the job I'm in now is so dull🙄
Reply 16
Your dates for courses will depend on the trade you've applied for. They try to tie up as many people as they can so that they can tally up with phase 2 training dates to save you potentially holding at Halton or on other bases
Original post by marveldinosaur
Hi, how long did you have to wait between your fitness test and getting your dates for PRTC/BRTC? I have my fitness test Friday! Im hoping my dates might be sooner as the job I'm in now is so dull🙄

I waited about a week after my PJFT to get PRTC/BRTC dates.
Reply 18
Been told for aircraft tech around October time. Long time to wait. You heard anything yet??
I've got my prtc on 27th March, is anyone else in the same boat?

Quick Reply

Latest