The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for foundation year

I'm thinking of going to Manchester university. they need five GCSEs at grade 5 minimum, including english and maths. They also need DDM to DDD in the BTEC extended diploma.

I have only got three 5s at GCSE (i did combined science so a 6,5 in that, 5 in maths and a C in psychology), I've got four 6s and one 8 and one A*.

Because of this, i can't do A level chemistry alongside my BTEC to get direct entry into the course since my college needs a 6,6,5 across science and maths and i got a 6,5,5.

I'm aiming to get DDD in my BTEC to get into university but they also need five GCSEs at grade 5 including maths and english and i got a 6 in english and a 5 in maths (and three 5s in my GCSE). Will i be considered overqualified for this course and not be accepted?
Original post by Stress queen
I'm thinking of going to Manchester university. they need five GCSEs at grade 5 minimum, including english and maths. They also need DDM to DDD in the BTEC extended diploma.

I have only got three 5s at GCSE (i did combined science so a 6,5 in that, 5 in maths and a C in psychology), I've got four 6s and one 8 and one A*.

Because of this, i can't do A level chemistry alongside my BTEC to get direct entry into the course since my college needs a 6,6,5 across science and maths and i got a 6,5,5.

I'm aiming to get DDD in my BTEC to get into university but they also need five GCSEs at grade 5 including maths and english and i got a 6 in english and a 5 in maths (and three 5s in my GCSE). Will i be considered overqualified for this course and not be accepted?

Youve managed to confuse me twice through all that. I believe you are getting yourself confused?

When it means 5 at 5 min then you exceed that.

That isnt going to count against you, but in your favour. i cant see the issue?
Original post by 999tigger
Youve managed to confuse me twice through all that. I believe you are getting yourself confused?

When it means 5 at 5 min then you exceed that.

That isnt going to count against you, but in your favour. i cant see the issue?

this is what it says
We require successful completion of a BTEC National Extended Diploma (science-based only) at grades DDD-DDM along with GCSE-level English Language and Mathematics at grade 5.

I can meet all of that criteria except for the grade 5 in english, i got a grade 6 in english instead (i have a grade 5 in maths though) and since i'm doing pharamcy with a foundation year, will i be considered overqualified? if i was doing just pharmacy then that would be in my favour but im doing it with a foundation year and they say they don't accept overqualified candidates.. but it was just my GCSE, not my BTEC so they'll still accept me right? sorry for confusing you btw
Original post by Stress queen
this is what it says
We require successful completion of a BTEC National Extended Diploma (science-based only) at grades DDD-DDM along with GCSE-level English Language and Mathematics at grade 5.

I can meet all of that criteria except for the grade 5 in english, i got a grade 6 in english instead (i have a grade 5 in maths though) and since i'm doing pharamcy with a foundation year, will i be considered overqualified? if i was doing just pharmacy then that would be in my favour but im doing it with a foundation year and they say they don't accept overqualified candidates.. but it was just my GCSE, not my BTEC so they'll still accept me right? sorry for confusing you btw

You just said 5 min and you have 6. that is fine. It doesnt mean 5 and only 5 it means 5 or better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending