Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For most Scottish students, the October holiday starts this weekend! :woo:

Maybe you're going to be spending some time chilling, working on assignments/projects, or meeting up with friends and family.

Whatever you're doing, share below how you're planning to spend the October break!
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I can't wait for this break, although I'm not looking forward to the aftermath (the huge block of school till christmas). As we haven't been set too much homework (yet) for the break, I'm intending on allocating a certain amount of time per day to devote to studying for subjects. Hoping to get a fairly good balance of studying/relaxing over the holiday, along with a reasonable amount of sleep.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by WestDragon)
Honestly I can't wait for this break, although I'm not looking forward to the aftermath (the huge block of school till christmas). As we haven't been set too much homework (yet) for the break, I'm intending on allocating a certain amount of time per day to devote to studying for subjects. Hoping to get a fairly good balance of studying/relaxing over the holiday, along with a reasonable amount of sleep.
Yeah, the second term can be long and tough with no wee extra days off and prelims approaching! Sounds like a good plan to make sure you're doing a mixture of studying and relaxing
Valeriex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
my prelims are at the start of December so i should really start revising right now but honestly, i just don't have any motivation.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Valeriex)
my prelims are at the start of December so i should really start revising right now but honestly, i just don't have any motivation.
Don't know how I missed this before :facepalm: How are you getting on now you're back at school?
Valeriex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Don't know how I missed this before :facepalm: How are you getting on now you're back at school?
Been back for a few weeks now and honestly now the school are just piling on the deadlines, i'm struggling in a few subjects but not all so i'm not too stressed...yet
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Valeriex)
Been back for a few weeks now and honestly now the school are just piling on the deadlines, i'm struggling in a few subjects but not all so i'm not too stressed...yet
Take the deadlines one thing at a time, and ask for help or more time if you need it. There's plenty of people who are happy to help You've got this :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
18.01%
It's just nice to be back! (199)
27.15%
Not great so far... (265)
36.15%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.69%

Watched Threads