The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eww no

- Raqq
Reply 2
What experiences are yall putting on your R&R form? I only just started volunteering at a nursing home and my longest commitment is my Saturday job :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by isabd
What experiences are yall putting on your R&R form? I only just started volunteering at a nursing home and my longest commitment is my Saturday job :/

I think I'm going to talk about my hospice volunteering + working in takeaway. Idk whether to mention tutoring at college because I've only been doing that for the past few weeks
Reply 4
Original post by G1545
I think I'm going to talk about my hospice volunteering + working in takeaway. Idk whether to mention tutoring at college because I've only been doing that for the past few weeks

I've only started tutoring too but I have almost nothing else to talk about so I think I will be putting it down
what did you all get in your ukcat :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by isabd
I've only started tutoring too but I have almost nothing else to talk about so I think I will be putting it down

I think it's more about what you say about it? I'm not really sure on how to go about wording everything tbh
Reply 7
Original post by mynameisno123
what did you all get in your ukcat :smile:

680avg B2 - you?
Hey guys! Ive applied to Keele ! my stats are as follows

- first class in biomed
- 680 av UKCAT
- shadowing in neonatology and trauma and ortho
- currently working as a Clinical trial assistant for a CRO
- teaching English as a summer job
- First aider for SJA for 3 years

I plan to talk about all of the above really! SJA is really my only caring experience except for a short-lived stint as an HCA! bit worried as they say they like long term care and SJA is lots of short contact with patients if that makes sense !

Where else are u guys applying? Ive applied Manchester, Sheffield and BSMS (dreaded BMAT in a few weeks)

Best of luck guys!
Reply 9
Hey guys

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows when we are getting the Rand R form and when is it due by?

Good luck !!
Reply 10
Original post by ΘTheta
Hey guys

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows when we are getting the Rand R form and when is it due by?

Good luck !!

should be getting it today, it's due 1st November :smile:
Original post by G1545
should be getting it today, it's due 1st November :smile:

Ahh cool, thanks!
Does anyone have any websites/ files that can help/ give good points to fill out the R and R form?
Previous successful R and R forms would also be helpful (if that allowed?)
Hey everyone ^-^ Just received the R & R form today. My stats:

- 685 av UKCAT
-Maths, Chemistry and Biology A-levels and I did a Spanish AS as well
-I attend and volunteer at my local choir for the past two years
-I did maths tutoring for nine months with a year seven student

For the R and R form, is it just volunteering and work placements? There's a question that asks about any responsibility that I took on and I want to talk about being the head editor for our school newspaper. Is that okay? Or would it be better to stick to my volunteering responsibilities?

Thanks x.
Dreading this R&R form 😩
Original post by ellenfran23
Dreading this R&R form 😩

It's more important than your PS for securing an interview from the sounds of things. Eeeeeek.
Original post by TSA
It's more important than your PS for securing an interview from the sounds of things. Eeeeeek.

Nightmare 😭 as if writing a personal statement isn’t stressful enough 😂
I’ve only done volunteering (with England netball) and a week work experience in a hospital and GP in the last 3 years so I’m stressing 😭
Nightmare 😭 as if writing a personal statement isn’t stressful enough 😂
I’ve only done volunteering (with England netball) and a week work experience in a hospital and GP in the last 3 years so I’m stressing 😭

Tell me about it. Need a week off at least from the stresses of the PS.

Oh just a national sporting achievement. Nothing much then. lol you'll be fine.

I'm a pharmacist but can't just use only pharmacy examples, although I have a few. I've done a few things, national level sports, headed a few societies, some volunteering work, but I have the literacy skills of a child and can't make it sound fancy for ****.
Original post by TSA
Tell me about it. Need a week off at least from the stresses of the PS.

Oh just a national sporting achievement. Nothing much then. lol you'll be fine.

I'm a pharmacist but can't just use only pharmacy examples, although I have a few. I've done a few things, national level sports, headed a few societies, some volunteering work, but I have the literacy skills of a child and can't make it sound fancy for ****.

Tbf the name makes it sound really jazzy, but it was more like England Netball backing me as a sports officer for our university netball ahah! I’m far from being at that netball level hahah

That’s loads of experience!! I’m sure you’ll be able to reflect on lots!
I have a theory that most university hate fancy forms etc, sometimes they just want the basics- what did you do, why did you do it, what did you learn. As long as you can do that then you should back yourself :smile: you don’t need to be fancy to show you’ll be a good doctor!
Tbf the name makes it sound really jazzy, but it was more like England Netball backing me as a sports officer for our university netball ahah! I’m far from being at that netball level hahah

That’s loads of experience!! I’m sure you’ll be able to reflect on lots!
I have a theory that most university hate fancy forms etc, sometimes they just want the basics- what did you do, why did you do it, what did you learn. As long as you can do that then you should back yourself :smile: you don’t need to be fancy to show you’ll be a good doctor!

Your a post grad too? What did you study if you don't mind me asking.

Where else have you applied?

Latest