The Student Room Group

have you ever flown business class? is it worth it?

im a huge lover of travelling but probably wont fly business class until I start my career. tell me your experience

Scroll to see replies

ive been on it a couple times, and yea its nice but sometimes makes you feel guilty as to how nice all the airline people treat you.
id never say its worth it though, even if i was as billionaire i still wouldnt pay for business class
Original post by Gent2324
ive been on it a couple times, and yea its nice but sometimes makes you feel guilty as to how nice all the airline people treat you.
id never say its worth it though, even if i was as billionaire i still wouldnt pay for business class

ive always found airline staff to be nice on economy so business must be servant level lol

why wouldnt you say its worth it?
I wouldn't have thought that paying twice the fare just to sit at the front of the plane, board before other people do and eat higher quality food is worth it... nowadays almost all long haul economy seats have in flight entertainment
Original post by Secretnerd123
ive always found airline staff to be nice on economy

why wouldnt you say its worth it?

well i guess it depends on the person. but for me all i need is a stand to use a laptop and thats it really, i dont need all the fancy lights and recliners etc, a normal seat is just fine for me. the price is often absurdly high aswell for what youre paying for
Original post by Gent2324
well i guess it depends on the person. but for me all i need is a stand to use a laptop and thats it really, i dont need all the fancy lights and recliners etc, a normal seat is just fine for me. the price is often absurdly high aswell for what youre paying for

I guess I love comfort so I wanna try business atleast once because sitting ona chair for hours is sooooo uncomfortable.
im a huge lover of travelling but probably wont fly business class until I start my career. tell me your experience

Business/club or preferably first for long haul is pretty much essential. But no-one actually pays for their own business/first seats!

No-one goes to JFK on cattle class, darling.
I've flown it, but for the price I wouldn't say its worth it.
Maybe only for a long haul flight where you need some decent sleep because of what you need to do when you arrive (i.e. make most of your holiday). If you're coming back from somewhere and have a couple of days at home to do what you like, then you can catch up on sleep then so wouldn't say its worth it then
Original post by Reality Check
Business/club or preferably first for long haul is pretty much essential. But no-one actually pays for their own business/first seats!

why doesn't anybody pay

I always fly business class long haul - basically because I can afford it. It probably is not worth it and it depends on the airline. Best is Emirates and probably Qatar. British Airways used to be good but if I am honest - not so good now. I flew from Joburg to London this week - brat screaming in business class - totally destroyed my sleep.

Business class europe probably not worth it.

But - let me give you this tip. I wanted to do the London Joburg trip - £2500 business class. I went from Amsterdam ( BA) and it cost £1500. Getting on the same plane - just had to fly to Amsterdam first. But to save 1000 quid - no brainer

I paid for my own business class - but from Amsterdam - much cheaper!
why doesn't anybody pay

Because their business pays for them! I've only ever paid for one first-class flight personally and it was an arm and a leg.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I always fly business class long haul - basically because I can afford it. It probably is not worth it and it depends on the airline. Best is Emirates and probably Qatar. British Airways used to be good but if I am honest - not so good now. I flew from Joburg to London this week - brat screaming in business class - totally destroyed my sleep.

Business class europe probably not worth it.

But - let me give you this tip. I wanted to do the London Joburg trip - £2500 business class. I went from Amsterdam ( BA) and it cost £1500. Getting on the same plane - just had to fly to Amsterdam first. But to save 1000 quid - no brainer

thanks so much for the tip
I paid for my own business class - but from Amsterdam - much cheaper!

Yes, I've flown a lot from Schiphol - it's a very good airport. Was it significantly cheaper than from LHR?
thanks so much for the tip

Apparently it is to do with the absurd amount of tax we pay on flights.

Depending on the country you are going to.... so if you are going to say Guatemala - put a starter in of Madrid ( Spanish) - so much cheaper - get an Easyjet to there and then you are good to go. Skyscanner or Kayak is the website to use!
Long haul (or night flight is worth it) don’t feel guilty at all.
Yes, I've flown a lot from Schiphol - it's a very good airport. Was it significantly cheaper than from LHR?

I tend to use Gatwick - but yes £1000 cheaper. Been looking at Central America too - hundreds of pounds. We are so screwed by taxes in this country. I think business class is better value if you go from outside the Uk. Cattle class not so much. Anyway I am too old to go back of the bus long haul and it is nice to be pampered......
Apparently it is to do with the absurd amount of tax we pay on flights.

Depending on the country you are going to.... so if you are going to say Guatemala - put a starter in of Madrid ( Spanish) - so much cheaper - get an Easyjet to there and then you are good to go. Skyscanner or Kayak is the website to use!

how come websites like skyscanner dont give us this info (like flying from ams instead of ldn for joha?).

btw do you know how I can go paris, turkey and madrid for as less as possible
how come websites like skyscanner dont give us this info (like flying from ams instead of ldn for joha?).

btw do you know how I can go paris, turkey and madrid for as less as possible

Skyscanner is a "hub for flights". Airlines pay to be advertised on on them. They get repeat customers by us buying from them.

Use Skyscanner for multiple flights - you can enter your destinations using their search engine and get the best deal. Don't use the same computer too often as it detects repeated usage and can put the price up.
I fly business via British Airways every time I travel. It is absolutely not worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest