The Student Room Group

Decent current salary for a corporate lawyer?

My cousin who is 25 (done her LPC 2 years ago and went to uni of Leicester before that) is currently on just over £27,000. Do you think this is a low, decent, or above average salary for her profession and her age?
Original post by nicolesm1
My cousin who is 25 (done her LPC 2 years ago and went to uni of Leicester before that) is currently on just over £27,000. Do you think this is a low, decent, or above average salary for her profession and her age?

Is she qualified?
Wheres her firm and how large is it?

There are lots of variables so if you compare like with like then use a website like totally legal where you can see the salaries on current vacancies.
It would be better than being unemployed. Have you asked her and told her what you think about her salary?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Is she qualified?
Wheres her firm and how large is it?

There are lots of variables so if you compare like with like then use a website like totally legal where you can see the salaries on current vacancies.
It would be better than being unemployed. Have you asked her and told her what you think about her salary?

yh shes qualified and lives in east midlands. I'm not compeletly sure on the firm size but I THINK its closer to being a small scale firm than a large scale firm so it inbetween. All i wanna know is if this is a average wage for a 25yr old corporate lawyer or not?
Original post by nicolesm1
yh shes qualified and lives in east midlands. I'm not compeletly sure on the firm size but I THINK its closer to being a small scale firm than a large scale firm so it inbetween. All i wanna know is if this is a average wage for a 25yr old corporate lawyer or not?

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/research-trends/solicitors-salaries-in-2016/

https://www.totallylegal.com/

You can earn a lot more but it depends on firm and location.

Google salary survey if you want to find out more.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending