The Student Room Group

GSK 2019 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stulfc
The portal updated it, having reviewed your scores... but I got no feedback whatsoever. I even emailed GSK and they said ask HireVue who then mentioned they were a 3rd party company so GSK would give you feedback.

Ooh thanks, mine is still Application Complete. Best wishes for your job applications then!
Im a confused pharmacy student and have some questions about industrial pharmacy.
Can undergraduates who did not complete an MPharm degree apply for industry?
What is the career progression like in industry?
What are the various roles in industry?
Why would you prefer industrial pharmacy over hospital pharmacy?

Any info would be appreciated
Original post by jaffacakes101
Im a confused pharmacy student and have some questions about industrial pharmacy.
Can undergraduates who did not complete an MPharm degree apply for industry?
What is the career progression like in industry?
What are the various roles in industry?
Why would you prefer industrial pharmacy over hospital pharmacy?

Any info would be appreciated

Hey jaffacakes,

I am not a Pharmacy student but just trying to help on!
1. I believe there's nothing stopping an undergrad to apply for the industry, reading from their entry criteria (at least for GSK).
2. Various roles in the industry - you can refer to GSK roles on this page (but I think each company has their own types of roles) - they have R&D for each product line, manufacturing and supply, sales and marketing, then business operations (HR, procurement, tech, communications, sustainability and finance)

For other questions we need to see with an expert in the field - which Im unfortunately not :frown:

Cheers,
Btw, I got invited to AC - super excited to join it now!
Original post by phantramy7
Btw, I got invited to AC - super excited to join it now!

Well done, which scheme did you apply for?
I’m preparing to do the job simulation tonight, there is minimal information about it so I’m just going to prepare as I would for a normal video interview
Well, heard nothing back from GSK, guess I didn't get it.

Bummer.
Original post by snailbro
Well, heard nothing back from GSK, guess I didn't get it.

Bummer.

Which stage did you get to? And how long have you been waiting?
I wouldn’t assume you haven’t got it, I’m sure they will let you know if you haven’t
Completed the 1-way video interview nearly 3 weeks ago. Another user, phantramy, has been invited to the Assessment Centre 4 days ago.

>They will let you know if you haven't

Haha, perhaps in a dream world where everything runs smoothly, but from my experience hunting for summer placements and industry placements, you'd be thankful receiving anything back at all if you've been unsuccessful. I waited 2 months for Tata Steel to say I've been unsuccessful even after I had a face-to-face interview, and I would assume a huge company such as GSK would be the same.
Reply 28
Original post by snailbro
Completed the 1-way video interview nearly 3 weeks ago. Another user, phantramy, has been invited to the Assessment Centre 4 days ago.

>They will let you know if you haven't

Haha, perhaps in a dream world where everything runs smoothly, but from my experience hunting for summer placements and industry placements, you'd be thankful receiving anything back at all if you've been unsuccessful. I waited 2 months for Tata Steel to say I've been unsuccessful even after I had a face-to-face interview, and I would assume a huge company such as GSK would be the same.

I agree I got no feedback for their stage 3 for a graduate scheme but yet they provided feedback for stage 2.
Any tips on their application process for their summer placement scheme ?
Hello lovely people, applying for vaccine R&D, quite worried about their numerical test, what was in it ? Was it t-tests and percentages? Xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey guys,

Just thought id share my experience, I applied for the Communications and Gov affairs graduate scheme for 2019 entry.
I submitted my job simulation weeks ago and then emailed them recently to ask when I would hear of an outcome, as it stands
I have not been invited to an AC but my application is on hold and they said they might get back to me if the vacancys arnt filled.
So for people who have submitted their job simulation but have not heard back, id assume your application may be on hold.
Hey guys good luck with your assessment centres, have you applied for the year in industry? Where would you guys be based? I’ve got a place with them for their chemistry placement next year in stevenage. If my interview was anything like what yours will be it’ll be fine and my interviewer was absolutely lovely!! Best of Luck!!
Have heard nothing from them post-video interview so emailed them asking what the status of my application is as it just says 'under consideration.

Reply was:

'Thank you for your email and continued interest in GSK.

Further to your email, we can confirm your application is currently at consider after reviewing your job simulation. This means whilst we won't be continuing on your application currently, you performed well in the job simulation and we may be back in touch at a later date to continue on your application should the opportunity arise. We thank you for your patience.'

Looks like I didn't make it
How long does it take to hear back from GSK after completing stage 3? I completed the job simulation exactly 1 week ago and was wondering when I should expect to hear back from them if I have made it to the AC or not.
Reply 35
Original post by shmexystar
Hey guys,

Just thought id share my experience, I applied for the Communications and Gov affairs graduate scheme for 2019 entry.
I submitted my job simulation weeks ago and then emailed them recently to ask when I would hear of an outcome, as it stands
I have not been invited to an AC but my application is on hold and they said they might get back to me if the vacancys arnt filled.
So for people who have submitted their job simulation but have not heard back, id assume your application may be on hold.

Hi, I think I might be in the same position as you. I applied for the Coms and Gov affairs as well but haven't heard back from my job simulation. How do we know if we're on hold?

I received an email last week saying we'd hear about assessment centres by Monday 26th Nov at the latest because the Assessment Centre date for our scheme is 10th Dec. Are there people for Coms and Gov Affairs that have already received confirmation of their AC and then we're in a spare pool?
Original post by Dupree
Hi, I think I might be in the same position as you. I applied for the Coms and Gov affairs as well but haven't heard back from my job simulation. How do we know if we're on hold?

I received an email last week saying we'd hear about assessment centres by Monday 26th Nov at the latest because the Assessment Centre date for our scheme is 10th Dec. Are there people for Coms and Gov Affairs that have already received confirmation of their AC and then we're in a spare pool?

Hi,
I have been trying to find out if people have already received an invite to the AC but have not been able to do so.
I think GSK hire a fairly small amount of grads into each scheme and thus why there are not many people on TSR as of yet
who would be able to share their experience.
Reply 37
Hi,
I have been trying to find out if people have already received an invite to the AC but have not been able to do so.
I think GSK hire a fairly small amount of grads into each scheme and thus why there are not many people on TSR as of yet
who would be able to share their experience.

Yeah that makes sense, given that they only seem to have one day of AC for Gov/Coms. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Original post by Dupree
Yeah that makes sense, given that they only seem to have one day of AC for Gov/Coms. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Good luck to you to!
Reply 39
Good luck to you to!

I think today is the deadline for them getting back to us back Gov/Coms. Have you heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending