PSV: Who we are and what we do Watch

ParadoxSocks
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Who are the PSV team?
The Peer Support Volunteers (PSV) team is made up of Deyesy, shadowdweller, chelseadagg3r, Kindred, charlottesweb, Interrobang and myself.

Our key role is to get into contact with those on TSR who post about suicidal and/or self-harm thoughts. We're a sub-team on TSR who have undergone training based on the Samaritans guidance.

What exactly is a PSV post?
Posts containing self-harm or suicidal content will be flagged to the PSV team and removed from the main site. This is to both protect the original poster (OP) from unpleasant trolling or unsupportive content but to also support those who may find the content triggering.

What is the process of receiving a PSV reply?
  1. You’ll receive a PM explaining what has happened to your post. It will be moved to a private forum where only you and the PSV team can see it.
  2. From here, the PSV team will be in contact ASAP with a message of support that may point you to a range of relevant resources based on the information you have provided.
  3. Your post may be moved back either with a little bit of editing or in its entirety. If your post cannot be made safe for the forum, then we will try to work with you to make it safe.

What do you if you come across a PSV post?
Report it under 'mentions self-harm/suicide' the way you would normally. Don’t worry, this isn’t going to result in any sort of punishment for the OP, and if it doesn’t meet the PSV requirements then it’s not an issue either – it’s always better to be overly cautious!

How do I join the PSV team?
We’re always looking for volunteers to join the PSV team! Post here or send Deyesy a PM for further information.

You can ask us any questions you may have in this thread, and one of us will happily get back to you! We can’t answer sensitive questions or discuss moderation decisions, but you are encouraged to Ask the Community Team (AtCT) if you do have anything we can’t answer.

PSV volunteers do not respond to PMs.

Last edited by ParadoxSocks; 1 month ago
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Happy to help with question people might have!
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Happy to help with question people might have!
Any general advice to peer supporting?

I'm about to begin properly supporting a few people IRL in a similar role to PSV but typically with people who have less alarming emotions than Self Harm and suicide.

Spoiler:
Show
:bump: the thread too.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads