The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Name: Delia
Course: Media&Communications
Also applying at Brunel, City UoL (got a conditional offer), UEL and Westminster.
Goldsmiths is my first choice though and I am nervous about hearing back from them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Hi Delia,

Thanks for applying! :smile:

Are you looking to move to London then?

Original post by delia0117q
Also applying at Brunel, City UoL (got a conditional offer), UEL and Westminster.
Goldsmiths is my first choice though and I am nervous about hearing back from them.
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi Delia,

Thanks for applying! :smile:

Are you looking to move to London then?

Yes I am! I am really counting on the university accomodation as I don’t think I could afford something more expensive than £180 a week
Hey there,

London isn't the cheapest, but I think our campus combines being fairly central and fun with being affordable. We probably do offer accommodation within your budget. You can see the different types of accommodation we offer here. https://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/

Aside from that, we have a really good reputation for Media and Comms!

If you have any other queries, please get in touch. :smile:

Yes I am! I am really counting on the university accomodation as I don’t think I could afford something more expensive than £180 a week
Reply 5
Name: Hanna
Course: History of Art
Also applying at: Oxford University, University of the Arts London, University of Edinburgh, Courtauld Institute of Art :smile:)
Hi Hanna,

Really encouraged that we have more applicants from continental Europe! :biggrin:

What area of art history interests you? Aside from being an artistic environment in general, we are very much into modern and contemporary art at Goldsmiths. :smile:

Original post by heyhaney
Name: Hanna
Course: History of Art
Also applying at: Oxford University, University of the Arts London, University of Edinburgh, Courtauld Institute of Art :smile:)
Reply 7
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi Hanna,

Really encouraged that we have more applicants from continental Europe! :biggrin:

What area of art history interests you? Aside from being an artistic environment in general, we are very much into modern and contemporary art at Goldsmiths. :smile:

Hi! I recently started doing research on different aspects of modern art (and artists, I am now reading all about Americans and fell in love with Andrew Wyeth). I love reading about history of art in general, from ancient times to contemporary art, due to the fact that the changes and influences are incredibly interesting, but I’ve realised that my understanding of contemporary et is still to be developed and I want to focus on that HOPEFULLY (haha) at Goldsmiths. I cannot indicate which area of art is the closest to my heart, but I do believe that Uni will enable me to narrow my interests. Besides, London is such an amazing place to study art related course!
That's great to hear!

I think one of the appealing things about this area is how creative it is. We now have our own public art gallery that opened about a month ago and there are a number of other independent art galleries in the area.

Furthermore, and partly because of Goldsmiths' strong tradition in the arts, there are many creative studios around here.

Your other choices look stellar too, though as you say there are specific advantages to being in London.

You should come and visit if you get the chance! :smile:

Original post by heyhaney
Hi! I recently started doing research on different aspects of modern art (and artists, I am now reading all about Americans and fell in love with Andrew Wyeth). I love reading about history of art in general, from ancient times to contemporary art, due to the fact that the changes and influences are incredibly interesting, but I’ve realised that my understanding of contemporary et is still to be developed and I want to focus on that HOPEFULLY (haha) at Goldsmiths. I cannot indicate which area of art is the closest to my heart, but I do believe that Uni will enable me to narrow my interests. Besides, London is such an amazing place to study art related course!
Name: HannahLocation: Dublin, IrelandCourse: Msc. Psychology of the Arts, Neuroaesthetics and CreativityAlso applying at: I am still researching where else will offer something as fine-tuned to my interests as this, so it's to be decided.
Hi Hannah,

There can't be that many universities that combine art and psychology, it's pretty niche! :smile:

Some of the research that is coming out of this area is really exciting. Are you coming to this from a background in psychology or the arts?

Original post by HannahPamplin
Name: HannahLocation: Dublin, IrelandCourse: Msc. Psychology of the Arts, Neuroaesthetics and CreativityAlso applying at: I am still researching where else will offer something as fine-tuned to my interests as this, so it's to be decided.
I’m currently in my final year of BA Psychology!
anybody received an offer from Goldsmiths, or even an acknowledgement?
(edited 5 years ago)
@Stumpy1001

i never recieved an acknowledgement email but i got an offer this evening
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jessrigg
@Stumpy1001

i never recieved an acknowledgement email but i got an offer this evening

Congratulations!

I applied to do International Relations and Chinese. You?

When did you apply?
Original post by Stumpy1001
anybody received an offer from Goldsmiths, or even an acknowledgement?

i haven’t, but i’ve seen two other people get offers yesterday for history and history of art (no acknowledgement)
Original post by Stumpy1001
Congratulations!

I applied to do International Relations and Chinese. You?

When did you apply?

i applied on the 13th of october :smile:
Hey there,

Thank you for applying! :smile:

I don't think we send out acknowledgement emails, but you can see the status of your application on UCAS track.

We normally aim to respond to applications within 4 weeks. If you still haven't heard back after that, feel free to DM me for an update. :biggrin:

Good luck!

Original post by jessrigg
i applied on the 13th of october :smile:
Hi Hannah,

Excellent, so you should have some background skills in psychology and statistics, which will be useful.

You may also find some handy information here. https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/apply/personal-statements/

Good luck! :smile:

Original post by HannahPamplin
I’m currently in my final year of BA Psychology!

update! just got accepted with a conditional offer i can clearly meet
i’ve never been happier in my life & been crying for the past 20 mins

Latest