Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there! I'm currently 18 years old, I'm studying physics, geography and ICT at a level and I'm confident I can get AAB.

I know that I want to do some type of computing degree, I've always loved computers. I really love networking and ive made my own severs and photography site "www.ritchpicsphotography.co .uk" and host it myself. However, I'm not the biggest fan of coding, I know a bit of html, visual basic, cmd prompt and stuff like that. But I wouldn't want to do a lot coding as a degree. I've look at degree such at ethical hacking, networking with cyber security, general ICT, and I've absolutely no idea what I want to do!! Does anyone have any idea or can anyone help?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 2630101)
Hey there! I'm currently 18 years old, I'm studying physics, geography and ICT at a level and I'm confident I can get AAB.

I know that I want to do some type of computing degree, I've always loved computers. I really love networking and ive made my own severs and photography site "www.ritchpicsphotography.co .uk" and host it myself. However, I'm not the biggest fan of coding, I know a bit of html, visual basic, cmd prompt and stuff like that. But I wouldn't want to do a lot coding as a degree. I've look at degree such at ethical hacking, networking with cyber security, general ICT, and I've absolutely no idea what I want to do!! Does anyone have any idea or can anyone help?
If you're not a big fan of coding then something along the lines of Business IT or IT Management might be a good option. Project managing IT and internal systems is a fairly broad area with lots of flexibility to move between jobs/specialties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads