The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by f0r6et
I was wondering if anyone managed to get into Plymouth University with 'okay' GCSE's? If so then what did you get for your GCSE's and for your A-levels?

I'm asking so I roughly get the gist of the kind of students Plymouth University accepts and if I'm capable of being accepted myself :biggrin:

Hi f0r6et,

As a standard entry requirement we require Maths and English GCSE at a Grade C/4 or above we may also require others, but this is dependent on which course you are interested in applying for. Most applicants will also need a level 3 qualification. I hope this helps! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi f0r6et,

As a standard entry requirement we require Maths and English GCSE at a Grade C/4 or above we may also require others, but this is dependent on which course you are interested in applying for. Most applicants will also need a level 3 qualification. I hope this helps! :smile:

OP said medicine?
Original post by Bill Nye
OP said medicine?

Original post by f0r6et
I was wondering if anyone managed to get into Plymouth University with 'okay' GCSE's? If so then what did you get for your GCSE's and for your A-levels?

I'm asking so I roughly get the gist of the kind of students Plymouth University accepts and if I'm capable of being accepted myself :biggrin:

Hi both,

Apologies for this! The title cut off :smile:

On our website we say that:

Applicants need to achieve 7 GCSE passes at grades A-C/9-4 which must include English language, mathematics and either GCSE double award science or two from single award chemistry, biology, or physics.

The typical offer is A*AA AAB at GCE A-level which must include an A grade in biology and one further science from chemistry, physics, maths, and psychology. Your third GCE A level can be from any subject area including the humanities, languages, music, sport, science and the social sciences.

So basically, it won't matter that you don't take Chemistry A-level as long as you take Maths/Physics/Psychology :smile:

We do also have BMBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Foundation Year. This offers you a foundation entry route onto the medicine course - it is a year longer than the traditional route, however it does require a lower tariff. This tariff is:

GCSEAt least seven GCSE passes (grades A-C/ 4-9) to include Maths, English language and either Biology and Chemistry or Double Award Science.

A level/ AS level BBB to include Biology and at least one other science from Chemistry, Physics, Psychology and Maths.

Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi both,

Apologies for this! The title cut off :smile:

On our website we say that:

Applicants need to achieve 7 GCSE passes at grades A-C/9-4 which must include English language, mathematics and either GCSE double award science or two from single award chemistry, biology, or physics.

The typical offer is A*AA AAB at GCE A-level which must include an A grade in biology and one further science from chemistry, physics, maths, and psychology. Your third GCE A level can be from any subject area including the humanities, languages, music, sport, science and the social sciences.

So basically, it won't matter that you don't take Chemistry A-level as long as you take Maths/Physics/Psychology :smile:

We do also have BMBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Foundation Year. This offers you a foundation entry route onto the medicine course - it is a year longer than the traditional route, however it does require a lower tariff. This tariff is:

GCSEAt least seven GCSE passes (grades A-C/ 4-9) to include Maths, English language and either Biology and Chemistry or Double Award Science.

A level/ AS level BBB to include Biology and at least one other science from Chemistry, Physics, Psychology and Maths.

Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Ahh thank you so much!
Reply 5
Hi i was wondering if there's a UCAT cut-off for 2022 entry?
Reply 6
If I got a grade 3 in English but an extremely high UCAT is it still possible to get into Plymouth?
Reply 7
I was wondering if you can get into plymouth with a UCAT score of 2370?
My Gcse's are 8A* 3As, Alevel: 3A
Currently predicted a 2:1 for Biomedical sciences
Original post by Sooni4
I was wondering if you can get into plymouth with a UCAT score of 2370?
My Gcse's are 8A* 3As, Alevel: 3A
Currently predicted a 2:1 for Biomedical sciences

There is a thread about this in the Medicine forum : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7102578

Latest

Trending

Trending