Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Applications 2019

Watch
lolhanz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,
I am a British student applying to VU Amsterdam for the Batchelors in Computer Science course starting September 2019. I don't think I've seen another VU thread for 2019 study so I was wondering if there was any one else out there applying to VU and if so, what course are you taking. I will hopefully be attending their open day on either the 2nd or 3rd of Novemeber to ensure that it is the right university for me (although I'm pretty certain haha ). If there are any questions that you have or general topics relating to VU then feel free to leave them below.
zitakosaras
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,
I am also applying to VUA, I have actually just sent my application for PPE. I also applied for UvA for PPLE, that's my first choice, but I would also be happy with VUA.
lolhanz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by zitakosaras)
Hey,
I am also applying to VUA, I have actually just sent my application for PPE. I also applied for UvA for PPLE, that's my first choice, but I would also be happy with VUA.
Ah that's great! I sent my application at the end of November and got a conditional offer pretty quick. I've applied for the student accommodation but I am a little unsure about how I'm going to cover the maintenance fees since there isn't a loan system in place unless you work what are you doing for living arrangements?
zitakosaras
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lolhanz)
Ah that's great! I sent my application at the end of November and got a conditional offer pretty quick. I've applied for the student accommodation but I am a little unsure about how I'm going to cover the maintenance fees since there isn't a loan system in place unless you work what are you doing for living arrangements?

I really have no idea about that. I have not gotten an offer yet, but if I do, VUA is my second choice, so I'll still have to wait for my first choice which is UvA.
But I think I'll most likely try to find independent housing and work as a student to pay for it...
Utmonique
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,
I am a British student applying to VU Amsterdam for the Batchelors in Computer Science course starting September 2019. I don't think I've seen another VU thread for 2019 study so I was wondering if there was any one else out there applying to VU and if so, what course are you taking. I will hopefully be attending their open day on either the 2nd or 3rd of Novemeber to ensure that it is the right university for me (although I'm pretty certain haha ). If there are any questions that you have or general topics relating to VU then feel free to leave them below.
Hi, I’m an American and I’ll be attending VU Amsterdam starting this September. I also applied for housing but I’m not sure about the fees you mentioned. My degree is cultural anthropology
hjfairylights
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm considering taking mathematics at VU and I'm going to the open day next week. What are everyone's opinions of it??
lolhanz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hjfairylights)
Hi, I'm considering taking mathematics at VU and I'm going to the open day next week. What are everyone's opinions of it??
Hey, so I did end up going to the VU. I've been enjoying here so far.
hjfairylights
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, so I did end up going to the VU. I've been enjoying here so far.
That`s good! Did they give you a conditional offer? And how long did it take for them to get back to you after you applied? I'm concerned about the very short time between A level results and the first day at VU. Should I just work on the assumption that I'll be going??
lolhanz
Rep:
?
That`s good! Did they give you a conditional offer? And how long did it take for them to get back to you after you applied? I'm concerned about the very short time between A level results and the first day at VU. Should I just work on the assumption that I'll be going??
So I think they replied to me with a conditional offer within about 4 weeks. And yeah I just had to work with the assumption that I was going there. I was very sure about going so there was no issues in that for me. The short amount of time between results day and starting uni did mean that I only enrolled about 1 week before my first class started. I think the most I was worried about was making sure I got a C in all A levels so I could actually enroll as I had actually already moved to the Netherlands before officially getting accepted
hjfairylights
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I think they replied to me with a conditional offer within about 4 weeks. And yeah I just had to work with the assumption that I was going there. I was very sure about going so there was no issues in that for me. The short amount of time between results day and starting uni did mean that I only enrolled about 1 week before my first class started. I think the most I was worried about was making sure I got a C in all A levels so I could actually enroll as I had actually already moved to the Netherlands before officially getting accepted
Yeah, I'm quite sure about going there too, so I hope after the open day I'll know for definite that I want to go and then send off my application. Hopefully finding accommodation will be alright as I've heard it can be hard in Amsterdam! But I've visited the Netherlands 3 times since January, next week will be the 4th time, and I love it there so much! Thank you for the reply, you've been more helpful than every person I've emailed at the uni
lolhanz
Rep:
?
Yeah, I'm quite sure about going there too, so I hope after the open day I'll know for definite that I want to go and then send off my application. Hopefully finding accommodation will be alright as I've heard it can be hard in Amsterdam! But I've visited the Netherlands 3 times since January, next week will be the 4th time, and I love it there so much! Thank you for the reply, you've been more helpful than every person I've emailed at the uni
No problem! I got the student accommodation through the VU so it wasn't too bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads