The Student Room Group

Detention for uni

I’m in year 12 and I just got my first Saturday detention today, I was wondering if competitive unis like ucl or imperial will see this, and if they do, if they will see the reason too?
Thnx
Reply 1
They won't see it
Reply 2
No, don't worry
Reply 3
Nope.
So it doesn’t matter even if the reason is serious or not?
Reply 5
Original post by fascinationated
So it doesn’t matter even if the reason is serious or not?

Serious? What did you do
Reply 6
I’m in year 12 and I just got my first Saturday detention today, I was wondering if competitive unis like ucl or imperial will see this, and if they do, if they will see the reason too?
Thnx

Not unless you assaulted someone and they pressed charges lol. Then, that would be a crime. They'd care about crimes.
Original post by Epitype
Serious? What did you do

I had my book on my desk in an Econ topic test and the teacher thought I was cheating, so he’s have me a Saturday detention saying ‘cheating on test’.
Reply 8
I had my book on my desk in an Econ topic test and the teacher thought I was cheating, so he’s have me a Saturday detention saying ‘cheating on test’.

You're in Year 12, it was a mock, you only got detention, and there isn't proof (I assume from your post) that you cheated other than the teacher's assumption.
Don't worry, nothing should happen.
A university will only be able to see it if the school mention it in your reference, which it's unlikely they'd do.

Are you generally a good student otherwise?
Fret not. This is an internal only School matter. UCAS doesn't get to see whether you had Pack Lunches, either! ;-)

A
I thought this post was gonna ask if there is detention at uni
Was the book closed? You could get your parents to complain on your behalf if you weren't cheating. It isn't serious anyway.
Original post by LeapingLucy
A university will only be able to see it if the school mention it in your reference, which it's unlikely they'd do.

Are you generally a good student otherwise?

Well that’s the first detention I’ve ever had, but other than that I’ve helped the schools with open days and stuff and most of the teachers like me (apart from my Econ teacher now)
Well that’s the first detention I’ve ever had, but other than that I’ve helped the schools with open days and stuff and most of the teachers like me (apart from my Econ teacher now)

Well in that case I wouldn’t worry about it.

It’s unlikely to be your econ teacher writing your reference anyway, and your school will want you to get into a good university so they look good, so they won’t want to sabotage your application.
Original post by YaliaV
Was the book closed? You could get your parents to complain on your behalf if you weren't cheating. It isn't serious anyway.

It was closed and tbh my parents aren’t that bothered, but if it’s going to affect my unis then obvs that’s not good. They properly scared me too, asking if I cheated on my gcses and stuff, but idk if they were just trying to scare me...
Original post by Epitype
You're in Year 12, it was a mock, you only got detention, and there isn't proof (I assume from your post) that you cheated other than the teacher's assumption.
Don't worry, nothing should happen.

Few, thnx
It was closed and tbh my parents aren’t that bothered, but if it’s going to affect my unis then obvs that’s not good. They properly scared me too, asking if I cheated on my gcses and stuff, but idk if they were just trying to scare me...

They were trying to scare you the reason is something like that in uni will have very serious consquinces (you would probly be expelled). What actually happens in a Saturday detention.

Quick Reply

Latest