biology help Watch

mariax__x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
ive chosen biology for a levels but finding it very difficult. ive tried to drop it but unfortunately cannot as theirs no space in other subjects. ive got 18/45 and 15/37 in my recent exams. do you thunk these results are good and do you have any methods or revision technique which can help me with this subject.
( for my gcses i got 6-6 in science and 7 in maths)
SteveForfar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
go over the content, apply it to questions. you should be able to find groups of questions on the same topic online. I also found video lectures to be extremely helpful, they often explain things in a different way
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
_101Student101_
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Biology is truly one of the hardest A Levels to pick, but if you enjoy it's great. I know that the work load is a massive, but there are ways to overcome this. Personally, my way of revising for Biology is creating notes, and I'm not talking about little sentences for each unit. I mean, like detailed notes including what you need (your exam board should have a spec book), along with diagrams and stuff. But, after this, I'd record myself repeating what my notes said. So, I could listen to them on my phone, during free lessons, on the bus or any other time. And to finish it off, do a BUNCH of past papers, seriously. The transition from GCSE questions to A Level is huge, and many people don't realise what the question is actually asking for. I'd advise reading articles or suggestions on the internet, and maybe a lesson dedicated to just answering specific questions. No matter what though, find a revision schedule for you, find a technique that works for you, and revise revise revise! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do amazing, and remember, beginning is always the hardest bit.
mariax__x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by _101Student101_)
Biology is truly one of the hardest A Levels to pick, but if you enjoy it's great. I know that the work load is a massive, but there are ways to overcome this. Personally, my way of revising for Biology is creating notes, and I'm not talking about little sentences for each unit. I mean, like detailed notes including what you need (your exam board should have a spec book), along with diagrams and stuff. But, after this, I'd record myself repeating what my notes said. So, I could listen to them on my phone, during free lessons, on the bus or any other time. And to finish it off, do a BUNCH of past papers, seriously. The transition from GCSE questions to A Level is huge, and many people don't realise what the question is actually asking for. I'd advise reading articles or suggestions on the internet, and maybe a lesson dedicated to just answering specific questions. No matter what though, find a revision schedule for you, find a technique that works for you, and revise revise revise! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do amazing, and remember, beginning is always the hardest bit.
thank you for your advice!!
ive made flashcards as im going along and ive also made notes from a biology alevel textbook but none of it seems to work. when i did the exam in school the questions are bery hard and ive done exam practice but still, but i will take ur advice of making notes in debt. tysm xxx
_101Student101_
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No problem, seriously now though, Biology to begin with is awful for some (including myself), and great for others. But, when finish the course, all the work links in with each other, and it gets much easier. So again, don't worry.
pigeontree27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started year 12 getting Cs and Ds in every test , but am now predicted an A* in year 13! so it is possible, but with biology you just need to be consistent with your knowledge and make sure you understand everything, especially long concepts and important topics , so when it comes to revision in year 13- all you need to do is slightly recap everything!
(Original post by mariax__x)
ive chosen biology for a levels but finding it very difficult. ive tried to drop it but unfortunately cannot as theirs no space in other subjects. ive got 18/45 and 15/37 in my recent exams. do you thunk these results are good and do you have any methods or revision technique which can help me with this subject.
( for my gcses i got 6-6 in science and 7 in maths)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise