valeriia153
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My friends, I need your help with Oxford fees for overseas students. I read in an article that students who have studied for the last 3 years at school or College in the UK or in one of the EU countries, pay for education at Oxford University as home/EU students. Is it true, will someone advise me? Thank you in advance
Aisha SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by valeriia153)
My friends, I need your help with Oxford fees for overseas students. I read in an article that students who have studied for the last 3 years at school or College in the UK or in one of the EU countries, pay for education at Oxford University as home/EU students. Is it true, will someone advise me? Thank you in advance
Hi, are looking to apply for the Tuition Fee loan?

What nationality are you and how long have you lived in the UK for?

Regards, Aisha
valeriia153
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aisha SFE)
Hi, are looking to apply for the Tuition Fee loan?

What nationality are you and how long have you lived in the UK for?

Regards, Aisha
Hello, Aisha!
Yes, but also I read that students who study in the English schools in EU and the UK can pay as 'home' students for courses.
I am Ukrainian and I study at the English college in EU for 4 years. I have visited the UK as a tourist, but not lived there.
Aisha SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, Aisha!
Yes, but also I read that students who study in the English schools in EU and the UK can pay as 'home' students for courses.
I am Ukrainian and I study at the English college in EU for 4 years. I have visited the UK as a tourist, but not lived there.

Hi, you can apply as an EU student for the Tuition Fee loan only as you have been domiciled in the EU for a minimum of 3 years however you must be living in the UK prior to your course start date. More information regarding EU funding can be found here.

To be classed as a Home student to receive the Tuition Fee and the Maintenance Loan you would of need to have been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of your academic year as this is not the case then you would need to meet the criteria to apply for Home funding as a Migrant Worker. To apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to be working in the UK throughout your studies earning enough to support yourself financially for the whole academic year.

Alternatively if you don't meet the criteria we can look at EU/EEA or Swiss National family member as the Migrant Worker such as parent or spouse. More information regarding Migrant Worker's can be found here.

If you can give me some more information as to which of the above would be relevant to you, we can let you know how to apply.

Regards, Aisha
valeriia153
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aisha SFE)
Hi, you can apply as an EU student for the Tuition Fee loan only as you have been domiciled in the EU for a minimum of 3 years however you must be living in the UK prior to your course start date. More information regarding EU funding can be found here.

To be classed as a Home student to receive the Tuition Fee and the Maintenance Loan you would of need to have been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of your academic year as this is not the case then you would need to meet the criteria to apply for Home funding as a Migrant Worker. To apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to be working in the UK throughout your studies earning enough to support yourself financially for the whole academic year.

Alternatively if you don't meet the criteria we can look at EU/EEA or Swiss National family member as the Migrant Worker such as parent or spouse. More information regarding Migrant Worker's can be found here.

If you can give me some more information as to which of the above would be relevant to you, we can let you know how to apply.

Regards, Aisha
Thank you, Aisha!
Sincerely, Valeriia
Aisha SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you, Aisha!
Sincerely, Valeriia
You're most welcome Valeriia! Enjoy your weekend.

Regards, Aisha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (596)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (732)
41.64%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.49%

Watched Threads