The Student Room Group

6AM Student's GYG

Good evening!!

Brand new to TSR but having been a silent listener for a while, and with many failed Studyblrs, I am desperate to give this GYG blog a go!
So basically I am going to pour facts onto this page, as I have no idea what the first post should be, but hopefully this can be a huge learning curve :smile:

So here we go: Hello, my name is Chloe, and I am a Sixth Form Student in South East England.
My A levels and targets are:

Maths - A

Further Maths - A

Physics - A

Graphics - A*

I am aiming for as high as possible, in an ideal world I would love A*AA to get into either Cambridge or Bath uni, though I have not seriously considered this. For many years my opinion on uni was that unless I got into the top, the fees weren't worth it. Martin Lewis' Money Expert tells me otherwise, but I haven't truly looked and cannot judge yet.

In my GCSE's, I got
Maths - 8
Further Maths - B
Additional Maths - E (only studied it as a small step to A level)
English Literature - 7
English Language - 6
Biology - 7
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 8
Geography - 7
Latin - 5 (A huge disappointment when my mock was a 7/8)
Art - 7
Graphics - A*

As well as this, my life is jam packed with other 'stuff'. I work 11 hours a week as a waitress at the local restaurant/pub, going up to 36 every week I'm not at college. As well as this, I volunteer as a Young Leader to the Cub Scout group near me for a couple of hours a week, am working towards my Queen's Scout Award, Gold Duke of Edinburgh, and I am attending the World Scout Jamboree in West Virginia next year, which I had to raise £4,000 to attend.
I also enjoy taking care of my tropical fish, and my border collie Billy, and I adore hiking.

I currently have a boyfriend of 1.5 years, Darren, who goes to another college, and my best friend, Alex, takes very similar subjects to me.

Anyway, I thought you should know me on a personal level, and have lots of my more unique details, so I don't have to worry what anyone reading knows or doesn't, and you can really get to know me :biggrin:

So, hopefully, welcome to a long and successful GYG!!

Taglist:
@Rainfall @nyxnko_
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You seem to have quite a busy lifestyle! It's good to see that you've high ambitions :smile:

Best wishes with everything:tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Infinite Series
You seem to have quite a busy lifestyle! It's good to see that you've high ambitions :smile:

Best wishes with everything:tongue:

It is crazy how excited I got over the concept of someone reading that huge paragraph, thank you so much!! :smile:
Hey! That’s amazing you can get such high grades whilst also working every week. That’s quite inspiring. Good luck, I’ll be watching this thread :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rainfall
Hey! That’s amazing you can get such high grades whilst also working every week. That’s quite inspiring. Good luck, I’ll be watching this thread :smile:

Thanks, the idea of someone following this is so inspiring :biggrin:
Original post by ChloeP12321
It is crazy how excited I got over the concept of someone reading that huge paragraph, thank you so much!! :smile:

Once you start posting a bit more on this thread, you'll have a mini community reading all of your huge paragraphs:tongue:
Excited to see your journey! Good luck with everything
Thanks, the idea of someone following this is so inspiring :biggrin:

I would ask you to tag me but its cool if you wish to not :smile: and yes I agree!
Reply 8
I would ask you to tag me but its cool if you wish to not :smile:

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by this bit :s-smilie:
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by this bit :s-smilie:

@ChloeP12321 this is called tagging and I’ll get a notif when you update us on this thread :smile:
@ChloeP12321 this is called tagging and I’ll get a notif when you update us on this thread :smile:

What's the difference between this and just 'watching' a thread then?
Sorry for possibly stupid questions
What's the difference between this and just 'watching' a thread then?
Sorry for possibly stupid questions

That’s fine. Tagging someone using the @ will notify them that you’ve posted on this thread so they don’t miss it but watching you won’t and if you’re watching a lot of threads then your thread might get lost in them. Ya understand? :smile:
That’s fine. Tagging someone using the @ will notify them that you’ve posted on this thread so they don’t miss it but watching you won’t and if you’re watching a lot of threads then your thread might get lost in them. Ya understand? :smile:

Thanks, yeah. Your explaination and another's taglist I just saw made sense of it all, thank you :P
Best of luck x
Best of luck!! :rave:
Please tag me as well :yes:
Good afternoon everyone!!

Not much to update really but I will try to anyway. I am quite worried as to where my grades are slipping to, as though I am keeping up, I'm not particually going out of my way to do loads of extra work, and I worry that could make me behind... opinions?

I need to write up all my notes, hopefully catching myself up during half term, and maybe doing some past paper questions on topics that were at the beginning of the term. My work rota hasn't come out yet though so I don't know how much time I have overall, worryingly. I would also love to see my boyfriend as I have only met him for a coffee over this entire term, and it seems very long-distance despite bing 15 mins apart... There's never enough time in the world!

Gosh I am all out of update material already.. didn't take long!
Thank you to EVERYONE who is reading this, ily all
have fun this half-term as well :yes:
Little update for you all, after a busy but unproductive half term, I am using today to catch up with all my notes, as well as do lots of personal work. I am struggling to find time so much... Tomorrow and Monday I am working, Tuesday I have Cubs, Wednesday I'm out all evening for my granddads 80'th. By Thursday I am bound to have far more work to do.... The cycle never ends :/
Alex tells me how he loves having less subjects than GCSE so that he has a free hour where he revised the latest topic we have done in further maths. I cannot find that time at all, though that's due to me doing so much more with my life.
Point of me telling that was that we got in the argument of what was worth more, a single grade higher or a volunteering role/unique non-academic thing on a CV or uni application. I argued that anyone can have good grades, it doesn't show you have teamwork skills or generosity, any of the more key 'life skills'. He said that a better grade would mean that your hard work and dedication would show, and give better opportunities.
We are both speaking from inexperienced opinion, does anyone have a more knowledge based view?

Anyway, thanks for ever for reading 😝
Here's a labelled photo of my desk, demonstrating my over-the-top sentimentality to pointless cr*p, because why not :P56EDF3F5-A921-4817-B8AC-19532252A90C.jpg.jpeg
Oh my goodness, I love your desk :gah:

Quick Reply

Latest