The Student Room Group

Provisional driving licence

Hi guys, I have applied online for the provisional driving licence in 16th of September 2018, waited around 7 days for them to send me the form home, completed it and sent it together with my passport; it was in 25th of September. It has been nearly 3 weeks and I am still waiting, when I check the tracking website, it says awaiting return application form. I have tried to contact them and all the say is that it takes up to 3 weeks and I need to wait, but they don't give any useful information. I need my passport by the end of this month as I need to travel urgently. Any advices?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AlexElkamel23
Hi guys, I have applied online for the provisional driving licence in 16th of September 2018, waited around 7 days for them to send me the form home, completed it and sent it together with my passport; it was in 25th of September. It has been nearly 3 weeks and I am still waiting, when I check the tracking website, it says awaiting return application form. I have tried to contact them and all the say is that it takes up to 3 weeks and I need to wait, but they don't give any useful information. I need my passport by the end of this month as I need to travel urgently. Any advices?

Contact them and withdraw your application, You can always re-apply after you return from your trip
Why on earth would you send your passport out in the post?

yes same i sent it off around the same time as yours and mine still hasn't arrived.
If you do not have UK passport you need to send to them your original passport. That's how it works.
If you do not have UK passport, you need to send to them your original passport. That's how it works.
Dis you track your application online?
If you do not have UK passport, you need to send to them your original passport. That's how it works.

If that's the case then did you send it by recorded delivery?
Yes, of course I did. I also did sign it as well so they got my application and my passport the following day.
I just have no idea whay they take so long.
There's probably a backlog of provisional licence applications. Have you tried phoning them?
Yes I did phone them couple of times, but they don't want to say anything... just keep saying that it is in the process and will take up to 3 weeks. That's all really . I will phone them again on Monday if nothing changes and ask to withdrawn it as I need my documents back.
Reply 12

You'll have it back by the end of the month.
I really hope so, otherwise I will need to re-apply later and really don't want it
Have you gotten your passport back?
Yes I did, passport and the driving licence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending