chemr0binson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone, welcome to my first GYG blog!

So introduction:

My name's Abbie, I'm currently in year 13 at a sixth form college studying Chemistry, Physics and Biology. I'm also doing my EPQ which I'm predicted an A* in.
Details of grades below

Grades:
-Chemistry: Year 12 Mock grade: A UCAS Predicted: A*
Personal target: A*
-Physics: Year 12 Mock grade: B UCAS Predicted: A
Personal Target: A* (don't judge my target grade aha my end of year mock wasn't from my exam board and was written in like 150BC and I messed up)
-Biology: Year 12 Mock grade: A UCAS Predicted: Asked for A but not sure if teacher submitted A or A*? Personal Target: A* ofc but realistically more like an A

University:
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago to these:
- Oxford University, Corpus Christi College
Biochemistry Msc
[status- acknowledged] [update: REJECTED]
-York
Chemistry with a year in York (MChem)
[Status- Offer AAB] [update: FIRMED]
-Warwick
Chemistry (MChem)
[Status- Offer AAB] [update: INSURANCE]
-Sussex
Chemistry with Summer Research Placements (MChem)
[Status- acknowledged] [update: DECLINED]
-Surrey
Chemistry (BSc)
[Status- Offer BBB] [update: DECLINED]

I'm just going to be updating this over the next year with all my progress! Feel free to drop a message/question and tell me if you want me to check out your GYG blog
Last edited by chemr0binson; 2 years ago
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck!! :rave:
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck!! :rave:
Thank you!
je m'en fiche
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbieerobinsonn)
Hey everyone, welcome to my first GYG blog!

So introduction:

My name's Abbie, I'm currently in year 13 at a sixth form college studying Chemistry, Physics and Biology. I'm also doing my EPQ which I'm predicted an A* in.
Details of grades below

Grades:
-Chemistry: Year 12 Mock grade: A UCAS Predicted: A*
Personal target: A*
-Physics: Year 12 Mock grade: B UCAS Predicted: A
Personal Target: A* (don't judge my target grade aha my end of year mock wasn't from my exam board and was written in like 150BC and I messed up)
-Biology: Year 12 Mock grade: A UCAS Predicted: Asked for A but not sure if teacher submitted A or A*? Personal Target: A* ofc but realistically more like an A

University:
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago to these:
- Oxford University, Corpus Christi College
Biochemistry Msc
[status- acknowledged]
-York
Chemistry with a year in York (MChem)
[Status- Offer AAB]
-Warwick
Chemistry (MChem)
[Status- Offer AAB]
-Sussex
Chemistry with Summer Research Placements (MChem)
[Status- acknowledged]
-Surrey
Chemistry (BSc)
[Status- Offer BBB]

I'm just going to be updating this over the next year with all my progress! Feel free to drop a message/question and tell me if you want me to check out your GYG blog
Well done on your predicted grades. I have just submitted my UCAS personal statement. The whole process is just so nervewrecking, you're not sure if you're waiting for offers or rejections. Btw, I am doing similar subjects as well (Chemistry, biology, maths)! Since we are both applying to Oxford, do you want to check out my blog ?
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good Luck! Mind checking out my GYG?x
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Gd luck! I wish I did a level science. wanna check out my gyg tho?
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by je m'en fiche)
Well done on your predicted grades. I have just submitted my UCAS personal statement. The whole process is just so nervewrecking, you're not sure if you're waiting for offers or rejections. Btw, I am doing similar subjects as well (Chemistry, biology, maths)! Since we are both applying to Oxford, do you want to check out my blog ?
Well done on finishing your application! It's very nervewrecking indeed, but the happiness when you get an offer is so worth it! Have just checked out your blog, looking forward to seeing your journey x
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
Good Luck! Mind checking out my GYG?x
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
Gd luck! I wish I did a level science. wanna check out my gyg tho?
Thank you! Have checked both out X
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
Sunday 14th October
So today I'm off to visit my brother, but we're currently stuck in stand-still traffic! Luckily I brought my laptop with me so I can do some work in the car.
Yesterday I had a 5k race in the morning (I came 10th out of 293 and was 1st lady) followed by a morning shift at the charity shop. In the afternoon I completed a chemistry past paper, chemistry mastery task, physics homework, biology maths application homework and did some work on my EPQ. This week I'm only in from monday-Wednesday as I have my gold dofe qualifiers in the lake district from Thursday-Monday, and then it's the half term. Because of this, I need to finish all my work early as a lot of it was handed out on Friday, due for this Friday, so I'm trying to finish it all early so I don't miss handing in any! As well as this, I have an EPQ meeting on Wednesday with my supervisor and I have roughly 4000 words due as the deadline for our first draft is November 5th.

So today in the car I'm going to try to finish up my EPQ ahead of Wednesday so I don't have to rush it during the week when I need to be packing for dofe! Will update with EPQ progress later
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sunday 14th October
So today I'm off to visit my brother, but we're currently stuck in stand-still traffic! Luckily I brought my laptop with me so I can do some work in the car.
Yesterday I had a 5k race in the morning (I came 10th out of 293 and was 1st lady) followed by a morning shift at the charity shop. In the afternoon I completed a chemistry past paper, chemistry mastery task, physics homework, biology maths application homework and did some work on my EPQ. This week I'm only in from monday-Wednesday as I have my gold dofe qualifiers in the lake district from Thursday-Monday, and then it's the half term. Because of this, I need to finish all my work early as a lot of it was handed out on Friday, due for this Friday, so I'm trying to finish it all early so I don't miss handing in any! As well as this, I have an EPQ meeting on Wednesday with my supervisor and I have roughly 4000 words due as the deadline for our first draft is November 5th.

So today in the car I'm going to try to finish up my EPQ ahead of Wednesday so I don't have to rush it during the week when I need to be packing for dofe! Will update with EPQ progress later
This is great!
How did you prepare for the 5k run?
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done with that 5K run!! (I would have come 294th out of 293 )
You're being very productive :eek: Keep it up!!
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinite Series)
This is great!
How did you prepare for the 5k run?
Thank you!! I train 3 nights a week with my local athletics team doing a combination of sprint distances, longer time trials and hill reps, and once a week I do my own 10k trail. My main preparing is the day of the race though, as I have a small breakfast and a glass of water before going for a 5-minute walk, 10-minute jog in the morning followed by 5 minutes of dynamic stretching. After that I have another glass of water and do some last minute static stretches, it's a very vigorous routine I use for every race!
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Well done with that 5K run!! (I would have come 294th out of 293 )
You're being very productive :eek: Keep it up!!
Hahaa thank you!! I'm by far not the best runner, but the main thing is that I love to run! Hope you're studies are going well too!
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
Today I had a driving lesson in the morning, which went pretty well, and I'm now at home getting some biology work done. I don't have lessons until 2, so this morning I'm at home to make some biology flashcards and do a little bit of work on my EPQ. After lunch I'll be heading to college to get there about 1 so that I can do some biology pre-reading. Biology is my only lesson today, but after that I have "Tricky Tuesdays" which is an after-school revision class my physics teacher made that involves tackling general-physics problem solving questions. These aren't necessarily to do with our A-levels, as they're often beyond our knowledge levels, but the aim is to get into the process of breaking questions down into what we know. We then debate the answer as a group, which is always a fun way to get other peoples ideas. It's a very helpful class!
Today I'll be packing for my DofE after a quick meeting with my supervisor as we have a few problems with the assessor trying to change our route 3 days before we leave, for his own convenience!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hahaa thank you!! I'm by far not the best runner, but the main thing is that I love to run! Hope you're studies are going well too!
:hugs: thank you!
those tricky tuesdays sound good :yes:
ew.. dofe :yucky: good luck tho!!
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!! I train 3 nights a week with my local athletics team doing a combination of sprint distances, longer time trials and hill reps, and once a week I do my own 10k trail. My main preparing is the day of the race though, as I have a small breakfast and a glass of water before going for a 5-minute walk, 10-minute jog in the morning followed by 5 minutes of dynamic stretching. After that I have another glass of water and do some last minute static stretches, it's a very vigorous routine I use for every race!
Awesome! I hope to do a 10k run in my gap year after A-Levels
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
So today's the day! Leaving in about an hour for the lake district, nervous about the weather but overall pretty excited, and this is my last DofE expedition ever! Will update when I get back on Tuesday! X
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
RIP to my blog!! I didn't realise how hard it would be to keep I finish my a-levels in 4 days!! It's definitely been a long journey.
hewgcrusty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I still have another 10 days to go Where are you planning on going and how do you think the exams have gone so far?

(Original post by chemr0binson)
RIP to my blog!! I didn't realise how hard it would be to keep I finish my a-levels in 4 days!! It's definitely been a long journey.
chemr0binson
Rep:
?
(Original post by hewgcrusty)
I still have another 10 days to go Where are you planning on going and how do you think the exams have gone so far?
10 days?!! What exam board are you on that has exams that late?! Exams have definitely been a Rollercoaster, I've stayed pretty calm throughout but some of them have gone pretty terribly. I'm planning to study at York, where are you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads