The Student Room Group

what unis are good for economics

im in yr 11 just thinking ahead and attend the hart of henry institution high
Reply 1
As your thinking ahead, its probably a good idea to do some research about what economics is like at uni, its very different from GCSE and A-level Economics, with a heavy emphasis on maths if your applying to a mid to high tariff uni, and check out core-econ.org for a free online textbook that many top unis are using nowadays for teaching economics.

Personally here are my picks for best universities for economics as a 2019 economics applicant
1) Cambridge - no need to explain, its the best of the best. Oxford only offer Economics and Management, which might be what your looking for if your not interested in pure economics.
2) UCL and LSE - based in london their economics courses are also really good, and great career opportunities for economics students too
3)Warwick - dunno much about warwick but have heard from friends about it having one of the best economics courses in the country

These are my opinions on unis that really stand out for their economics courses. Most top unis offer a pretty good economics course since economics is a very popular and competitive subject in the UK. I've personally applied to Durham, KCL, Cambridge, Edinburgh, and UCL.
(edited 5 years ago)
Loads of good uni’s for it! Even the mid uni’s will still be very good as it is a high in demand course!
List: Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Warwick, UCL, Nottingham, Bath, Bristol, Loughborough, Exeter, York, Surrey, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Durham, Leeds, Aberdeen and several more all have excellent economics departments!

Just do A-level maths. That’s the biggest tip any of us on TSR could give.
Reply 3
do u need a level econ to do uni econ im thinking math further ath chem phys a level
Reply 4
Original post by Sports10
do u need a level econ to do uni econ im thinking math further ath chem phys a level

no most unis don't actually require economics at A-level as they recognise that a lot of schools don't necessarily do economics (which kinda makes it unfair for people from those schools). most importantly is to do maths which most top unis require, and most mid ranged unis would highly recommend doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending