The Student Room Group

Fee

Hi I want to ask if I live abroad but have a British passport can I still apply for the home fee?
Original post by cutestarfish
Hi I want to ask if I live abroad but have a British passport can I still apply for the home fee?

You can ask for a fee assessment but you would need to prove that your stay outside the EU is temporary.
Original post by PQ
You can ask for a fee assessment but you would need to prove that your stay outside the EU is temporary.

well I have lived outside the uk for 4 years now and am doing my gcses so by the time I am going to apply i would have lived here for seven years but my family will move back then. Will that count?
Original post by cutestarfish
well I have lived outside the uk for 4 years now and am doing my gcses so by the time I am going to apply i would have lived here for seven years but my family will move back then. Will that count?

If you can prove that the stay outside the EU is temporary then it doesn’t matter if it’s for a month or a decade.
Hi,

Where were you born and have you ever lived in the UK? Where do you currently reside? Was your UK passport awarded because you were born and you resided here before you moved or was it awarded on the basis that you are the son of a UK national?

Thanks,
Nihad

Quick Reply