eyesight keeps changing? Watch

JokesOnYoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My eyesigh keeps changing, every couple of months my glasses seem not to be right anymore.
Does this happen to anyone else?
I have astigmatism
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should probably go to an optician.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If the change is small it's not something to worry about. Many people have a change of 1diopter per year, so if every 3 months your change is 0.25 it's fine. If the change is higher you should go to the doctor and check for pathology.

How old are you? I assume you are about 15-20 years old, if so, everything is fine if the change is small. If you are older, it's better to check with your doctor anyway.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kathy89)
If the change is small it's not something to worry about. Many people have a change of 1diopter per year, so if every 3 months your change is 0.25 it's fine. If the change is higher you should go to the doctor and check for pathology.

How old are you? I assume you are about 15-20 years old, if so, everything is fine if the change is small. If you are older, it's better to check with your doctor anyway.
Thanks, Im 22! Have you had any similar experiences? What is your prescription if i may ask?
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
Thanks, Im 22! Have you had any similar experiences? What is your prescription if i may ask?
my vision changed a lot when I was in high school and the first two years of university. never more than 1 diopter a year.

I am an optometrist so I've seen some cases.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
my vision changed a lot when I was in high school and the first two years of university. never more than 1 diopter a year.

I am an optometrist so I've seen some cases.
Ahh ok, is it generally an improvement? What causes this change?
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Growth, hormonal changes, extreme pressure, eye-fatigue, many other stuff including pathology, that's why if the change is rapid you should see an ophthalmologist.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
Growth, hormonal changes, extreme pressure, eye-fatigue, many other stuff including pathology, that's why if the change is rapid you should see an ophthalmologist.
Hey i just got back my glasses prescription today, its improved! I was thinking of getting contact lenses, but buying from online i can only choose the axis to be from 10-180. My axis for the right and left eye are 3 and 13, do you know i fi got them in the stored would they get them custom made to these axis?
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
Hey i just got back my glasses prescription today, its improved! I was thinking of getting contact lenses, but buying from online i can only choose the axis to be from 10-180. My axis for the right and left eye are 3 and 13, do you know i fi got them in the stored would they get them custom made to these axis?
the prescription you have is for glasses, contacts have different prescription including a BC and Dia. and a suggested material/brand to use.
Glad to hear your vision is improving !
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
the prescription you have is for glasses, contacts have different prescription including a BC and Dia. and a suggested material/brand to use.
Glad to hear your vision is improving !
Ohh i totally had no clue! I should get a consulting sessions done, but thanks for helping!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
6.99%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.41%
I don't think they'd understand (57)
15.32%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
38.98%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.3%

Watched Threads