dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I have to resit a few modules from first year and need to know if I can get the maintanence loan on its own as I will not be paying any tuition fees this year.

Also I am aware that SFE gives 1 additional year of funding (have used up 1 year so far) so If I do get the maintenance loan on its own for this year and for example a year later I decide to change and start a different course, will I still be eligible for full funding at that time for a 3 or 4 year course?

basically would the maintanence loan on its own use up an additional year of funding?
dddd1
Rep:
?
Bump
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

Will you be in attendance or will you be an Exams Only external student?

The way we calculate the finance for a new course is as follows:

The length of your new course + one additional year - all previous study years = entitlement

Thanks,
Nihad
dddd1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi,

Will you be in attendance or will you be an Exams Only external student?

The way we calculate the finance for a new course is as follows:

The length of your new course + one additional year - all previous study years = entitlement

Thanks,
Nihad
I will not be in attendance but still have had to re register.

I know that I am given an extra year of funding but my question is if I just take out a maintanence loan without the tuition fees this year, would that use up a year of funding?
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dddd1)
I will not be in attendance but still have had to re register.

I know that I am given an extra year of funding but my question is if I just take out a maintanence loan without the tuition fees this year, would that use up a year of funding?
Hi,

If you will not be in attendance and just sitting exams, you will not be eligible for funding for this academic year.

Thanks, Duncan.
dddd1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Hi,

If you will not be in attendance and just sitting exams, you will not be eligible for funding for this academic year.

Thanks, Duncan.
Would I be able to get the maintanence loan with attendance? I am retaking 50 credits in total
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dddd1)
Would I be able to get the maintanence loan with attendance? I am retaking 50 credits in total
Hi,

If this is your first repeat year then you would be eligible for a maintenance loan as long as your university confirm you are in attendance.

Thanks, Duncan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads