katmyster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all I wanted to start this thread before the applications opened for the 2019 programme. For anyone who has done this before can someone tell me if I have enough extra curricular activities.

-Member of U.K. Youth Parliament for 2017-2019 (spoke in House of Commons in 2017)
- Dancing - intermediate for Ballet (also do contemporary, modern and tap)
- Student council in year 10 and year 11
- I love photography and travel so I have had an Instagram just for this to showcase my love for travelling and being creative for the last 4 years (not sure if his counts)
- I have also worked in a pharmacy since May 2016-present and gained a Level 2 NVQ from this

I am looking to volunteer in the future in some hospitals. I’m addition I have psssed stage 3 flute and have been playing since 2011 but haven’t played in a couple of years (is up this worth picking back up again?)

Thankyou!! Any advice greatly appreciated - I am currently in year 12 for ref.
yeezyb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there!

I’m currently in Cohort 7 of the Sutton Trust US programme now and you definitely have great ECs that can really help your application! Please definitely apply because it honestly is an absolutely amazing experience that has changed me and my friends lives forever!
Your ECs are definitely to the programme standards so all you have to do now is fill in the application and record your video. You definitely have a brilliant chance and I’m so excited that you’re about to begin your Sutton Trust experience!
I’d say add in your flute into your application as it does ask for 10 acitivities so the more the merrier!
I wish you the best of luck and if you do have any questions, please do message me! I was in your shoes this time last year!
katmyster
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for replying - I might pm you in the future. Are you applying for US University’s this term?
katmyster
Rep:
?
Also can I pm you my Instagram or vica versa as it would be great to be able to ask you on any advice if you don’t mind? But I get so confused on how the student room works aha
yeezyb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katmyster)
Also can I pm you my Instagram or vica versa as it would be great to be able to ask you on any advice if you don’t mind? But I get so confused on how the student room works aha
Hey yeah sure I've only just seen this sorry! I hope you've sent in your application!!! And yeah of course! I'm very happy to send over my Instagram details to talk more Good luck!!
katmyster
Rep:
?
Hi all just wondered if anyone had heard anything back regarding application decisions to the program?
yeezyb
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You will hear within the next week! The staff officially decided on the people to join the next cohort just yesterday, Good Luck!
chemistryno1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I haven’t heard anything yet. But good luck!!
(Original post by katmyster)
Hi all just wondered if anyone had heard anything back regarding application decisions to the program?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.76%
No (233)
33.24%

Watched Threads