How to get forget someone

Watch
alterlife
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So me and my ex broke up about a year ago now; we went to the same school and everything and I decided that it would be best if I changed schools (we ended things on a really bad note and I spent a few months in hospital after our breakup) because I couldn't deal with still having to see them. Anyways, I'm at a new school now and I'm enjoying it. I've dated three people after my ex but I always seem to break things off with them really quickly.....when I'm flirting with them it's all good and fun but when we start dating I just cannot stop thinking about my ex. Like, everything reminds me of them. It's strange because I can barely remember how my ex looks like (I've got terrible memory and I've deleted any pictures I have of them) but I can perfectly remember memories of them. I don't really think of my ex when I'm single but the minute I start dating again, all I can think about is them. Then I feel bad and end things with whoever I'm with. I'm certain that I'm over them, if they came back into my life I would never give them a second chance. But I just can't seem to date anymore? I mean I can get into relationships but I end them really quickly due to the whole 'can't get my ex out of my head' thing. Has anyone got any tips for how to forget them? Thanks x
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you'll need to step out of dating for a really long time if that's how you feel about your ex. just make sure you forget about him before getting close to other guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise