Foxygirlcora
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys so am doing a foundation degree in health and social care it’s a 2 year course then I hopefully get in to a second year at shu doing social work. But just found out as from next year my uni adding an extra year to the foundation degree to make it to a full degree.

Now am wondering if u can do the full degree in health and social care and still become a social worker or would I have to leave at end of two years and do just the social side and add an extra year to the time am a student.

I’ve tried asking my tutors bout what path I can take but tbh I don’t think they have much of a clue....

Basically am asking what career can I get with health and social-care degree?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Foxygirlcora)
Hey guys so am doing a foundation degree in health and social care it’s a 2 year course then I hopefully get in to a second year at shu doing social work. But just found out as from next year my uni adding an extra year to the foundation degree to make it to a full degree.

Now am wondering if u can do the full degree in health and social care and still become a social worker or would I have to leave at end of two years and do just the social side and add an extra year to the time am a student.

I’ve tried asking my tutors bout what path I can take but tbh I don’t think they have much of a clue....

Basically am asking what career can I get with health and social-care degree?
you would have to have the social work bsc to become a social worker i think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads