HMRC job interview for intelligence officer Watch

harjotdhami
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I just came across this, are they still recruiting for this position? Can someone send me a link
shan000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DailySauce)
In all honesty, it was way harder than I anticipated. They are really trained in asking the most obscure questions that you would have not expected even if you learned your competencies extremely well! I can say firmly that I think they know exactly what type of person they are looking for and if you don't meet that standard whether it be in the answers or in general, there is not much to help you recover (i.e. high assessment numbers). Again, please take what I say with bias as this is just my own personal experience.
Hopefully you did fine! Don’t beat yourself up, remember there are 13 positions! - how early did you get there? One section says 40 minutes, the other says 20 minutes prior
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ItsDaisyBetch)
Hiya, how did yours go?
Hellooo! Mine was went! How was yours? I only had mine today hence the reply! Hope it went well!
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
they told me not to expect to hear back anytime soon, like almost a few months I think
They told me a month
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Wellllll doneeeee! or was that a typo? how did you find the interviewers, any juicy info to report back regarding deadlines and if the jan appointments are a real thing?

yeh mine went OK but not overly amazing haha but i've got the faith
Haha I don’t even know how I managed to type that! I was walking and typing at the same time. But yeah I was meant to say mine went well lol! The interviewers were really nice! Nothing like what I expected to be honest. There are quite a few vacancies, and even a reserve list so hopefully everyone on this post gets it!
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
that's amazing! i think the interviewers change daily so maybe people have previously had bad experience with other interviewers and you might have had different?

I hope so but pre-employment checks can take up to 6 MONTHS especailly at SC clearance level?
That sounds like a possibility- what were your interviewers like? Male, female, gender?
what’s SC, unless you meant CS? If so, yeah that sounds about right. They may tell us we have the job and then continue the necessary checks?
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i hate assuming gender but male

SC - security clearance. takes about 3 to 6 months
Haha I thought it was that but you put SC clearance, so I thought you meant civil service clearance. But wow that is long!

Yeah it was definitely different interviewees as I had two females.
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hehe i am sorry!

Oh i would have killed for female interviewees! they are always nicer (generally speaking).

Do you think you secured the job?
Yeah they were really nice, I saw them and was like oooh they look friendly! I was really pleased.
No, not definitely, you always think of improvements afterwarss, and nothing is ever certain. How about you? what do you think?
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think i did ok but not enough for me to think it went amazingly? i guess we hear back next month :/
Be sure to keep me updated and I shall do the same!
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anyone else kind of getting impatient now?
DailySauce
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shan000)
Anyone else kind of getting impatient now?

yes :/

they said they'd get back to us in November though so I think next week!
Scour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I had my interview in Leeds on the 17th and I’m getting so impatient now I just wanna know!! (But only if it’s good news hahah)
shan000
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Scour)
I had my interview in Leeds on the 17th and I’m getting so impatient now I just wanna know!! (But only if it’s good news hahah)
How do you think it went?
Scour
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think it went well. I was really nervous before I went in but when I got in there they were really easy to talk to and I think conversation flowed well. They only asked me questions around one competency though, not all three. I turned up the 40 minutes before and got sent away and told to come back five minutes before hahah
ItsDaisyBetch
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Scour)
I think it went well. I was really nervous before I went in but when I got in there they were really easy to talk to and I think conversation flowed well. They only asked me questions around one competency though, not all three. I turned up the 40 minutes before and got sent away and told to come back five minutes before hahah
are you sure you interviewed for the same job? i think there was only one location to chose from and 3 competencies to answer for..
ItsDaisyBetch
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm getting too impatient. HMRC are notoriously known for this and that's why they never fill vacancies because by the time they send out offers the applicants already have other jobs lined up!!! such a frustrating process. also found out from them that likely posting date is after jan (excluding checks)
Scour
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is there not an email or number to call for an update on their progress? Sick of everyone at work asking me if I’ve heard back yet
FancifulAngelxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello, i also had an interview for the role on the 11th October in Manchester.

I emailed asking if they would be able to give some further idea on when we are going to hear back but they unfortunately said they couldn't advise on timescales

I hope we hear back soon, i am currently employed and i would like to know to be able to give notice (if successful of course!!)
FancifulAngelxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied for a few places, wanted to give myself the best chance! But Manchester would be the best area for me!

Good luck, I think I may have been one of the last days for interviews - it was a Friday so can only wait and see now 😭
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FancifulAngelxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No experience in intelligence no, but I have a degree and a masters and various other employment experience I’ve managed to mould to what I hope they’re looking for!

Yourself?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise