The Student Room Group

HMRC job interview for intelligence officer

Scroll to see replies

I’m assuming when I get my formal offer that should have my start dates on? I thought that was the only way they do it no?
Original post by Hollytaylorxx
Oh I hope it won’t be that long 😭

Have you had your formal offer yet holly?
Anyone attended an interview in the past month or so? Just want a timeline of how long it took to hear back?
Original post by Gerry4400
I applied on CS website 17/9/18 and Start 18/3/19. 6 months good gauge from start to finish.

Mine experience is similar to Gerry4400's
I applied on CS website 17/9/18 and Start 18/3/19. 6 months good gauge from start to finish.

Thank you, I applied in September as well but only just attended my interview this February. HMRC are terrible with their long application process. I just want to know the outcome of my interview😩
Wow that's a long time for an interview! What location was this for?
Original post by AlaiaKenny
Thank you, I applied in September as well but only just attended my interview this February. HMRC are terrible with their long application process. I just want to know the outcome of my interview😩
Original post by Anonymous-user
Wow that's a long time for an interview! What location was this for?

I know! When I first applied I got an email saying that they had too many applications and if more roles open they look at my application. 5 months later I get an invitation to an interview haha.

Manchester
(edited 5 years ago)
That’s a horrible wait time, your fingers must be numb refreshing the CS web page.

Yup, even though I know I’ll get an email first. I still check the page 😂
Original post by Lewis1334
Have you had your formal offer yet holly?

Yes but not in terms of getting a start date etc, I emailed yesterday asking for my start date but they said they cannot advise for when I’ll be told!
I have just got my formal offer through this morning with start dates! Yayyy
Yes but not in terms of getting a start date etc, I emailed yesterday asking for my start date but they said they cannot advise for when I’ll be told!
I have just got my formal offer through this morning with start dates! Yayyy

As have I!! Starting 8th April ☺️ did you say you were Manchester?
Amazing! I also start on the 8th. You never know we could end up being on the same training course as I know they are residential.
I am being placed in Nottingham
As have I!! Starting 8th April ☺️ did you say you were Manchester?
Thanks Gerry! The painful wait is finally over!
Well done Lewis and Holly👍
Amazing! I also start on the 8th. You never know we could end up being on the same training course as I know they are residential.
I am being placed in Nottingham

Quite possibly!! How exciting!
Well done everyone! Hope I get told soon, it’s been 3 weeks since my pre-employment checks came back!
Which role did you apply for?
Original post by Marie2018
Well done everyone! Hope I get told soon, it’s been 3 weeks since my pre-employment checks came back!
Well done Lewis and Holly👍

Thank you!!
Original post by Tappy188
Hi I also attended this assessment centre. I got an email last week saying feedback would be provided w/c 11/03/19. I notice my account has updated with interview feedback today nothing about the exercise though. Have you had any updates yet?

Hi, I also received feedback in my account on the interview but not the exercise. Unfortunately the feedback isn’t great so I’m not holding out hope, disappointed because I felt it went well on the day
Same as you I think Lewis, intelligence officer!
Which role did you apply for?
Original post by Tappy188
Oh no. You never know though. The feedback I got was very vague. It didn’t say anything that I can use to work on. I don’t hold hopes after the exercise. Mainly because I have never done it before so don’t know how they will score it. I was really hoping that at least the feedback might help me going forward.

I thought when things were getting updated today that maybe they might be early. I should know better though I have been through it before several times.

What area did you apply for? I’m not sure how the exercise went as I’ve never done it before either. This was my first assessment centre so I guess I can learn from it

Quick Reply

Latest