The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread is disgusting
Original post by tanyasmiths
Most people who are traumatised by it are older women and aren't they suppose to be able to control their emotions at that age and start acting like grown ups? like seriously it's just someone touching your body and rape only hurts a little bit so they actually do choose to feel the way they do because they want attention when they tell others and then other people want attention aswell and they just copy each other with that.

Pretty clear that you're just a troll
Original post by Vinny C
5 times more likely that a man is assaulted... just not sexually. Happy to swap 3 broken noses and two missing teeth for unwanted attention if you insist. Pretty traumatic too.

we're not talking about general assault, we're talking about sexual assault
Men should be extremely careful about which women they get involved with nowadays and thoroughly get to know whether they are a genuine trustworthy person and what their intentions are.

Sleeping with women when they are drunk / one night stands are definite risks for false rape accusations so personally are 100% definite things I wouldn't ever engage in yet others do to there own risk.

Divorce is also another area favoring women I personally see no point of marriage either.
Original post by jennyh14
we're not talking about general assault, we're talking about sexual assault

Hurts just as much and equally traumatic. Plus it happens 5 times as often.
(Original post by Vinny C)Hurts just as much and equally traumatic. Plus it happens 5 times as often.

Of course, but it’s much easier to charge someone for physical assault (e.g. broken nose and missing teeth) than it is for sexual assault, as there is blatant proof for it. This is why I wanted to distinguish between the two.
Rape is a serious and quite frankly, disgusting crime, to falsely claim rape however is equally as bad and should carry an equivalent prison sentence.
Yikes... so the women were deemed not drunk because 'witnesses' thought so & someone heard what they thought sounded like sex so therefore it couldn't have been rape!

They were deemed not drunk because independant witnesses said they did not appear drunk. They also were seen on cctv with the defendant and did not appear drunk. Not to mention they said the defendant drugged them, but blood tests revealed nothing in their system. The "drunk defence" was only used as a last resort by the prosecution because the blood tests came back clear for drugs. Before that they were going with "he drugged us"

Stop assuming women never make things up because they clearly DO
Original post by DarthRoar
What the ACTUAL ****.

"Officer, jennyh14 and I were at a party and they raped me" = jennyh14 in jail. What the ACTUAL ****.

I can vouch for you! I certainly saw jennyh14 raped you!

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!
So after the "1 in 4 women raped" claim has been thoroughly debunked, from the researchers themselves saying the study was not meant to be representative statistically, we are now making up new numbers like "1 in 3" and "possibly more"?

I believe even 1 in 2 is still underestimating the occurrence! I personally believe all males have been raped at least 5 times before they reach 10 and all females have been raped from 500 to 5000 times before the age of 5. After that, the males are I believe typically raped every 5 minutes and the females 3 times every 5 seconds.

Trans people have it even worse - they have never ever spent a microsecond not being raped.
Hiya,
This is a bit of a late response so not sure if you'll get this but thought I'd give it a try anyway 😛.
I'm not sure if you mean rape shouldn't hurt women or whether I've got the wrong end of the stick.
Also, can I say that I'm really sorry that you went through rape, horrendous and I was really happy to read that you managed to get over it. Such experiences can have a huge adverse impact upon someone's life so you must be really proud of yourself and if you aren't then you should be! :-)
Xx
(Original post by Vinny C)Hurts just as much and equally traumatic. Plus it happens 5 times as often.

Of course, but it’s much easier to charge someone for physical assault (e.g. broken nose and missing teeth) than it is for sexual assault, as there is blatant proof for it. This is why I wanted to distinguish between the two.

Not so easy to make it stick, however. Perpetrator can easily disappear or claim self defence. Those who practice it regularly generally take a puppet witness who swears blind the victim started it (or arrange one later).
in fairness fake accusations of sexual assault can destroy a person, so I have to disagree
Reply 53
The problem is that how do you prove that someone is making a false rape accusation? And where do you draw the line? Just because someone hasn't been found guilty of rape in a court of law it doesn't mean they didn't do it, it likely means that there isn't enough evidence to prove they did it -just because someone is found not guilty, doesn't mean they aren't and it doesn't mean the person that accused them is lying
It is happening more than you think
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch
Recently there has been a lot of talk about false rape claims to the point where it has detracted from the talk about what a pandemic there is for sexual assault and harassment towards women.

I personally do not believe that false claims are as much of an issue as the media makes out. Yes there are some cases but these are very rare and no where near as common as cases where women are telling the truth.

1 in 3 women have been sexually assaulted or harassed in their life. I personally believe that that figure could be much higher if more women came forward. Every woman I know has experienced sexual harassment or assault in some form.

I am not saying that kavanaugh should be convicted with anything because there is a lack of evidence. However I believe the women who have come forward.

The issue is extremely complex as claims are hard to prove but I think in general if a large number of women have come forward against someone, it is very likely that they are telling the truth.

Women who have been proven to have lied should be punished but only if there is strong evidence that she has lied. In most cases there isn't so in most cases women shouldn't be punished.

Before I end this I know that men get assaulted too but I don't think anywhere near as much. That is an issue but in this post I'm mainly taking about women.

This post is probably going to be very controversial but whatever.

Imagine being told you were a rapist, shunned by society and labelled as an outcast when you did nothing wrong. I don’t need the media to tell me how destructive a false rape claim is. Rape is one of the worst crimes known to man therefore it deserves one of the harshest punishments so you must be careful before you begin to label people as a rapist. Just saying.

Latest

Trending

Trending