Turn on thread page Beta

Getting Those Grades: That last-ditch attempt for a 9 (GYG) watch

• View Poll Results: 2 major and daily updates a week? Yay or nay?
    Yes! 2 major updates and mini daily summaries each week!
    52.38%
    No, I prefer just two updates a week.
    47.62%

ReputationRep:
    *Gasp*
    I am a terrible, unfaithful thread poster.
    I didn't update yesterday.
    For that, I'm so sorry.
    So here's what I was supposed to say yesterday:

21/11/18

Yuck school is boring. But I didn't die in the cold today (yay!) so I guess there's some good stuff.

Science: Ugh we had a double period. First thing in the morning. All we did was study urine and our teacher made us do four six-markers.

History: I did another WW1 quiz and we studied Wolsey's fall from power. Meh.
    English: Yay we did narrative writing. We each wrote sections of a story following the same plot (beginning, rising action, climax, falling action, and ending) and then we read out one section or each to create a pretty cool horror story about a haunted child.
    Portuguese: since I'm going to have to go to school on our teacher training day (Friday the 30th) for a mock speaking test, we did our preparation for it today. It's pretty difficult, we have some dodgy ethics questions (Are you for or against vegetarianism?). Which we have to answer in Portuguese. Which we've only studied for about three months. It's pretty hard.

I'm so sorry for the late update (ooh rhyme!) but I guess I did warn you guys I might not update....

Well, anyways, thanks for checking this out, don't forget to tune in for more updates!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh good luck with mocks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    22/11/18

Um, hello?:unsure:
    Let's pretend this is the only update I did today.

I guess there just isn't much going on at school? Like we basically haven't done anything new.:crazy:

Portuguese: We just finished off the preparation we started yesterday for out mock. I basically had to rewrite my entire piece so I could include some idioms.:unimpressed:
    English: We had to write the beginning of a story called 'A Challenging Time'. My story was about a golden boy who's super talented and popular and smart... but he has his own problems as his mum has cancer and she seems pretty ill.:cry2:
    Maths: we peer-assessed our homework and looked at quartic polynomial roots. It was very long but hard.
    Geography: we studied China's energy mix and looked at case studies of renewable energy.:yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Fun fact: China has a really cute solar power plant shaped like a panda. It;s adorable and they're gonna add a second panda and a baby panda to create a solar power panda family. IT'S SO CUTE!!:heart:
    Pics down below:

Science: we looked at kidney failure and dialysis and donations. Our science teacher grossed us all out by showing us a bunch of nasty-looking pictures of kidney transplant surgeries. TOO. MUCH. BLOOD. I am officially traumatised.:crazy:

Me when I saw those surgery pictures.^^

Hopefully school won't kill me. (Wow it isn't even Friday and I'm already in pain.)

Well, anyways, thanks for checking this out, don't forget to tune in for more updates!

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I'd like to come along for the ride here! You seem pretty talented. Also, what awarding bodies are you with for your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nstar12)
    Haha! Maybe I should start a new thread about good old British weather!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Or not. There's not much variation anyways.
    It would have a place in creative corner :yes: although I doubt many people would be interested, seeing as they're experiencing it themselves :giggle:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That solar panelled panda is so cute!! :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    ahhh good luck with mocks!
    Thank you! I'm gonna need all the luck I can get with these ones....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tolgarda)
    Nice. I'd like to come along for the ride here! You seem pretty talented. Also, what awarding bodies are you with for your subjects?
    I'll be happy to tag you in!
    Also, what do you mean by awarding bodies? Is it the level at which I'm studying? If that's the case, I'm working at GCSE level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    It would have a place in creative corner :yes: although I doubt many people would be interested, seeing as they're experiencing it themselves :giggle:
    That's too true, but at least many people will be able to relate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    That solar panelled panda is so cute!! :heart:
    Yes, it really is! I can't wait for when the entire panda family will be finished, it'll look adorable!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be happy to tag you in!
    Also, what do you mean by awarding bodies? Is it the level at which I'm studying? If that's the case, I'm working at GCSE level.
    Awarding bodies are organisations like AQA, Edexcel, etc.

Which ones are you with for your subjects? Which ones were you with for your early-entry subjects too (if you remember)?

ReputationRep:
    Jiminnnnn

ReputationRep:
    23/11/18

Well, I guess today was really stressful more than anything.
    We had an assembly on economics and business (our teachers are trying to basically encourage us to take subjects for sixth form which is why we do assemblies for each subject). It's made me think a lot.:holmes:

History: we summarised Wolsey's fall from power and planned a bunch of 16 markers.:erm:
    Geography: we started a new topic, we've moved onto physical geography so we looked at a bunch of rocks and how they're formed. Our teacher brought in a collection box of samples which she showed us, which I guess was nice.:closedeyes:
    Portuguese: we spent ages doing feedback to out preparation for our speaking and did some listening papers. Then, we got to play monopoly in Portuguese! Yay!:excited:
    Maths: I missed out a lot of maths because our school decided I'd be a good representative for them so they made me do an interview with this visitor who basically asked about the safety at school. It took up half an hour. For the other half hour, I just did homework feedback, so I didn't learn anything new.:o:
    English: We did feedbak to our 'A Challenging Time' beginning which our teacher marked. I wrote a new story about a thief on the Titanic (I've been thinking about that movie a lot lol).

Well, to be honest, I'm really burned out now the week has finished, I feel like I'll spend the entire weekend sleeping.
    I'll do my best to get my homework, though. (No promises)

ReputationRep:
    Awarding bodies are organisations like AQA, Edexcel, etc.

Which ones are you with for your subjects? Which ones were you with for your early-entry subjects too (if you remember)?
    Oh, well most of mine are either edexcel, ocr, or aqa, I'll add that to my first post if you'd like! (it'll take a while to do them all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukiolukio)
    jiminnnnn
    jiminnnnn

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well most of mine are either edexcel, ocr, or aqa, I'll add that to my first post if you'd like! (it'll take a while to do them all)
    Yes please, I'd like to see it personally. It's just a weird piece of trivia I like to know about other students' exam experience in England aha.

ReputationRep:
    jiminnnnn
    are you in y11?
    btw tag me if you can

ReputationRep:
    Yes please, I'd like to see it personally. It's just a weird piece of trivia I like to know about other students' exam experience in England aha.
    I'll do that! Check it out tomorrow morning, I'll have it done by then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqrt of 5)
    are you in y11?
    btw tag me if you ca
    I'll tag you!
    And yes, I'm in year 11, but I'm still 15 till January!

ReputationRep:
    I'll do that! Check it out tomorrow morning, I'll have it done by then!
    Haha noice.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.