The Student Room Group

Balls, I've been pissing about for the last 5 years and I have GCSE's this year!

Oh dear, I haven't done anything from Year 7 to 10.
Oh dear.
I'm in Year 11 now.
Oh dear.
GCSEs are this year.
Oh dear.
Ohhhhh dear.

Predicted Grades :
Computer Science 9
R.E. 8
Math 8
English 8
History 8
French 8
Music 7
Science 7-7

Grades (roughly) as of Week 1 (13/10/2018)
Computer Science 6 --- this was due to the exam being a Past Paper despite us being in Year 10 at the time. It means half the paper wasn't things we did. I think a 6 is perfectly reasonable, and the people who scored higher only did because they'd seen the paper online.
R.E. 4 on most recent assessment (don't care about this subject very much)
Math 5. This is the subject I want to improve in the most. I need an 8 or 9 by the time I get around to GCSEs. Otherwise I won't be able to take Further Maths at A-Level :frown:
English 7. Did fairly good on this one! Need to put in more effort into English Language, because English Lit is crammable.
History U. Yes, I'm serious. I didn't revise at all. I really need to this year. I got an 8 on my most recent assessment though, so things are at least improving!!! Even if I got an 8 on one topic I'm good at, I can't just hope it'll go that way for everything.
French 7. I'm fairly good at French, not much to say about this one.
Music 4. I'm stupid and took music without knowing how to play an instrument. It's okay. *world burns behind me*

Let's see where this goes! I'm using Seneca a little but try to do past papers the most. The number 1 subject I need a high grade in is the 8 in Math (and at least a 6 in English). Even if everything else completely fails I need the 8.
(edited 5 years ago)
At least you're getting your sh*t together during GCSE's and not later down the line where the weight of your actions would otherwise be greater. Best of luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Killerpenguin15
At least you're getting your sh*t together during GCSE's and not later down the line where the weight of your actions would otherwise be greater. Best of luck!!

Thank you!! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending