The Student Room Group

unhappy at uni

I know it really isn't a very long time but I started uni a month ago and I'm really struggling to settle in properly! I left a relatively quiet area to move somewhere busy and thought that my uni was in a busier area than it is, which is one of the problems.
I love my accommodation but it isn't on campus and is essentially in the middle of nowhere. I also have a very disjointed flat and have tried to make friends with everyone but it doesn't seem to have worked,
The course is fab and the work is what I was expecting and I'm enjoying that, but I've really struggled to settle into finding friends, and I usually don't struggle to.
I'm really considering transferring unis but i don't know if it's a bit premature or whether I can, or to just scrap uni altogether.. I need some unbiased advice!!!
Original post by klw240
I know it really isn't a very long time but I started uni a month ago and I'm really struggling to settle in properly! I left a relatively quiet area to move somewhere busy and thought that my uni was in a busier area than it is, which is one of the problems.
I love my accommodation but it isn't on campus and is essentially in the middle of nowhere. I also have a very disjointed flat and have tried to make friends with everyone but it doesn't seem to have worked,
The course is fab and the work is what I was expecting and I'm enjoying that, but I've really struggled to settle into finding friends, and I usually don't struggle to.
I'm really considering transferring unis but i don't know if it's a bit premature or whether I can, or to just scrap uni altogether.. I need some unbiased advice!!!

It can take a bit of time to settle in! Have you joined societies or clubs? Try not to worry too much as it can take longer than you want it to.
uni is pretty chit in reality. i was at uni for 4 years and had a typical uni experience. but never truly enjoyed any of it i enjoyed some elements but it was generally abit bland and dull. but it is hard yes at first to settle in. and make it to end in final year
Join some societies before deciding to transfer. The reality is, even if you did transfer, the situation might be the same. I would wait until at least mid november to decide if I wanted to transfer.

Quick Reply

Latest