What's it like being a lawyer? Watch

Ibuki.Missions
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My parents REALLY want me to be a lawyer. My mother says it's exciting work, and you spend most of your time in court, rather than doing paperwork. Is this true? If not, what is it really like to practise law?
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ibuki.Missions)
My parents REALLY want me to be a lawyer. My mother says it's exciting work, and you spend most of your time in court, rather than doing paperwork. Is this true? If not, what is it really like to practise law?
Are you Asian?
Ibuki.Missions
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Are you Asian?
African, actually.
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
African, actually.
OK. That description of law isn't what most people experience, so it might be worth trying to get some first-hand experience of it in the form of work experience.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This isn't true for anyone

The daily tasks encountered vary widely depending on which side of the profession you're in, your practice area, how senior you are, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.28%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.44%
No, but I want to start (276)
37.45%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.02%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise