Should I be forced to share my Nintendo swich? Watch

SWG14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m a 16 year old guy and my 19 year old sister always wanted a PS4 and she is getting one very soon and she is telling me not to touch it because it’s hers and it’s fair if I respect her belongings ? Right ?

But then I let her play with my Nintendo swich and sometimes she touches without my permission and I’m fine with? Fair right ?Not really...What should I do and is it fair like this ?

EDIT: I paid for 80% of my swich whilst my mum paid for the remainder but my mother is paying for my sis’s PS4
Li_ger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First you should let her use your switch even if she won't let you use her ps4. That way she will eventually let you use the ps4. If she doesn't then just don't let her use your switch.
SWG14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Li_ger)
First you should let her use your switch even if she won't let you use her ps4. That way she will eventually let you use the ps4. If she doesn't then just don't let her use your switch.
True but she says that she doesn’t care
Anime R
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SWG14)
I’m a 16 year old guy and my 19 year old sister always wanted a PS4 and she is getting one very soon and she is telling me not to touch it because it’s hers and it’s fair if I respect her belongings ? Right ?

But then I let her play with my Nintendo swich and sometimes she touches without my permission and I’m fine with? Fair right ?Not really...What should I do and is it fair like this ?
I know that feeling. I feel like you should talk to her about it and say that you don't like how she uses it without your permission and she won't even let you touch her ps4. Although, I doubt she will listen so I would advise you if this doesn't work then hide it somewhere until you are back in your house.
DieselGate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Li_ger)
Ignore this advice man. Survival of the fittest. Hide the Switch when you're not around and make sure she doesn't use it.
Li_ger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If she's never going to let you go on the ps4 then you might as well go with Diesel's strategy.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If she won't let you use her PS4 you shouldn't have to let her use your Switch. Fair's fair. My brother and I always shared consoles, but I wouldn't be sharing with anyone who wouldn't share back, however childish that might seem.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's unfair.

I'd say tell her if she's not going to share then you won't either. Let her decide for herself if the personal gain of accessing Nintendo Exclusives is worth sharing her own games console.

My Dad and I both own our own PS4s and Switches (I'm 26 and have my own income for context, before anyone assumes I'm just some spoiled kid!) and we borrow each others games all the time. It's nice to share the experience of a good game with someone. Hoarding an experience is kind of sad.
SWG14
Rep:
?
(Original post by SWG14)

Oh yeah I paid for about 80% of my swich with my own money but my mum is paying for her PS4
SWG14
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
If she won't let you use her PS4 you shouldn't have to let her use your Switch. Fair's fair. My brother and I always shared consoles, but I wouldn't be sharing with anyone who wouldn't share back, however childish that might seem.
I would just like to say that your dog is cute 😂
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SWG14)
I would just like to say that your dog is cute 😂
Aww thanks :P. I added that avatar in 2011 so he's not quite the same now - 7 years older!!
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
That's unfair.

I'd say tell her if she's not going to share then you won't either. Let her decide for herself if the personal gain of accessing Nintendo Exclusives is worth sharing her own games console.

My Dad and I both own our own PS4s and Switches (I'm 26 and have my own income for context, before anyone assumes I'm just some spoiled kid!) and we borrow each others games all the time. It's nice to share the experience of a good game with someone. Hoarding an experience is kind of sad.
Couldn’t have said it better!
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SWG14)

Must be a mental maturity thing or it's just so precious to her. I swear if you guys lived in 3rd world countries, (even though you wouldn't have those games) then you'd be sharing. Have a calm, respectful talk about how her actions would be viewed in 5 years time. Maybe you'll be gone somewhere far then.

Listen to this song at the same time.

On the other hand, if you're irresponsibly using the PS4, then fair enough.

EDIT: I do agree with letting her use your Switch for some time. Then eventually talk about it if she still doesn't let you play the PS4 and ask her how fair that was. But don't be angry. Simply forgive.
MosesDaBoy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
firstly u should give her ur switch coz idk which idiat would have one
secondly. i forgot nvm
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this a euphemism? In my day, it was called a tuppence.
ALittleOrange
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dont give it to her
frostfly
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
The Switch belongs to you, so whether your sister is allowed to touch it is up to you. Her doing so without your permission is wrong, full stop.

I'd suggest that you come to an agreement with her about sharing your consoles, e.g. you let her play the Switch for an hour, she lets you go on her PS4 e.t.c.
Sandi1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anime R)
I know that feeling. I feel like you should talk to her about it and say that you don't like how she uses it without your permission and she won't even let you touch her ps4. Although, I doubt she will listen so I would advise you if this doesn't work then hide it somewhere until you are back in your house.
Git gud skrub
williams.c99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've never shared my consoles with siblings, we all have our own! if you don't see it as a problem then maybe it's fine but if she won't share hers why share yours?
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally, I don’t know where this idea came from that children have to ‘share’ everything. Playgroups, families, schools are obsessed with it.
I never enforced sharing with my 7 children. If they didn’t want to hand it over for a brother or sister to play with, they didn’t have to. They would be told to play with something else or they could play with it when it was done with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)