The Student Room Group

Approaching a girl I don’t know...

So I’ve just started my second (and hopefully final) year at college, and the new first years have just come up.

I’ve noticed this girl and I think she’s really cute and so want to approach her in time, but of course I’m a complete stranger.

I’ve seen her on her own a few times in the library and common room, but I have no idea of what to do/say. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

It’s still early yet (she only started college in September) so I’m waiting at the moment to let her settle in as I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable.

Just an added complication, she clearly has a twin sister, but I can tell the difference between them and I know which one I like.
Anyone have anything? A big thanks in advance.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve just started my second (and hopefully final) year at college, and the new first years have just come up.

I’ve noticed this girl and I think she’s really cute and so want to approach her in time, but of course I’m a complete stranger.

I’ve seen her on her own a few times in the library and common room, but I have no idea of what to do/say. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

It’s still early yet (she only started college in September) so I’m waiting at the moment to let her settle in as I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable.

Just an added complication, she clearly has a twin sister, but I can tell the difference between them and I know which one I like.

Why not start a conversation with her? You could start off with small talk, or ask her about her old school, how she is finding college or her subject choices. Be friendly to her and make a good impression!
Don't delay.

You could always start a conversation by doing something goofy like throwing some rolled up paper at her in the library.
ask if she wants any beans or something like that to lighten the mood
Girls like when you approach them quickly. I should know cause, I'm a girl. Anyways, U know she might like u. Just approach her and talk and spend A LOT of time with her. Then after 2 weeks or so, When you to are alone, DON'T try and kiss her, just say "Hey hanging out with u has been really nice. So, I have something to say. Do you wanna go out with me?" If she says she needs time then. Don't just leave do what you were going to do. Next day just show-off your muscles or something like that- or blow a kiss from across the room. After two days ask her for her answer and wear somthin' nice will you. Then maybe *fingers crossed* you'll get a YES!!!!!!:colondollar::biggrin::tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Next time you see her in the library, sit a close distance from her and ask for a pencil or something and then go from there with questions like the subjects she studeis etc

Quick Reply

Latest