Anyone can help pleeeease?? It seems that I have committed a mistake ... Watch

samer1980
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone ,
I applied for a master program on 30th of July 2018. I have received my unconditional offer on 7th of October 2018. However , I accepted the offer and paid the deposit amounted to 5500 Pounds yesterday. The university will send me the offer within 4 or 5 days so that I can apply for ATAS on 17th or 18th of October. The course will start on the mid of January 2019 , therefore I have a feeling that I should have not accepted the offer as I probably will not have a sufficient time to obtain the ATAS clearance and the subsequent student visa.
What do you think guys?? Shill I proceed ?!! if not , what do you recommend me to do .

Thank you in advance .
Khonsu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Contact your uni and explain the situation they may be able to defer your year or refund you the amount or both
samer1980
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khonsu)
Contact your uni and explain the situation they may be able to defer your year or refund you the amount or both
The next intake will be on September 2019 .
Khonsu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samer1980)

The next intake will be on September 2019 .
Yeah but you need to sort out the visa, if that takes long and you’re in late then September is best but speak to them they will advise you
samer1980
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khonsu)
Yeah but you need to sort out the visa, if that takes long and you’re in late then September is best but speak to them they will advise you
Thanks for the advise buddy .
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
????

You can only apply for a student visa within 3 months of your course starting, not "it takes 3 months to get a student visa" which is presumably what you think it is. The visa itself takes less than 3 weeks from your application to the decision. You have plenty of time to get your ATAS clearance and student visa.
samer1980
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
????

You can only apply for a student visa within 3 months of your course starting, not "it takes 3 months to get a student visa" which is presumably what you think it is. The visa itself takes less than 3 weeks from your application to the decision. You have plenty of time to get your ATAS clearance and student visa.
Hopefully .
Thanks for your reply my frd.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samer1980)
Hopefully .
Thanks for your reply my frd.
No need for hopefully, it's all on the Tier 4 Student Visa page of the gov.uk website, a quick Google away.
samer1980
Rep:
?
No need for hopefully, it's all on the Tier 4 Student Visa page of the gov.uk website, a quick Google away.
Ok no need for hopefully lol.

Ok no need for hopefully Lol ..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?