St andrews or Edinburgh? Watch

Exoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi!
I want to study Computer Sciences and have to make a choice between university of Edinburgh and St Andrews. Which one is better?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hundeschule
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Though St Andrews is a great place , their teaching staff didn’t come over as being very passionate about their subject. My son was much more impressed by the young and dynamic team of Glasgow. We did not see the Edinburgh presentation but they have a world wide leading position in artificial intelligence. I guess it depends what you are looking to do with your degree afterwards. Personally I think in such a modern field those old traditional universities are not necessarily the best.
samiontheroad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s definitely a personal preference.

Edinburgh has a lot more going on obviously and the city itself is just absolutely beautiful. Also, Edinburgh is higher up in the Rankings; St Andrews was just surpassed by Aberdeen.

If you have the opportunity, maybe go visit both unis and see for yourself where you feel more at home
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd say Edinburgh personally, mainly because they are ranked 18th globally (which is v.good) and also because there's a lot more to do - ST Andrews consists of three main streets and there's no nightlife at all
la_banane_verte
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kazzykat95)
there's no nightlife at all
Not true. You mean there's no nightclubs. There's plenty of pubs/bars and house parties - it's a different style of nightlife, and it's not for everyone, but it exists.
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by la_banane_verte)
Not true. You mean there's no nightclubs. There's plenty of pubs/bars and house parties - it's a different style of nightlife, and it's not for everyone, but it exists.
I stand corrected. I meant it in terms of the fact that the majority of uni students look for the presence of nightclubs as to whether there is a "nightlife" or not. You are right though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Highlands and Islands
    Nursing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
    Applicant Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 1 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Evening Undergraduate
    Tue, 5 Mar '19

Do you give blood?