crime and punishment

Watch this thread
asari4
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
explain why trial by ordeal was used during c1000-c1200 (12mark)
how do i answer a question like this!!!
History_helper.
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Nonetheless it’s three paragraphs so three points
-role of the church
-official law enforcement (lack off)
(Honestly drawn a blank for the third)

LTQ* trial by ordeal was used in the period c1000-c1200 because of the *point 1* prominent role the church played in local society. *explain* this was because of the large religious population causing an overwhelming belief amongst England’s villages that God would determine ones guilt. Because of the continuous exposure to religious beliefs the population continued to use trail by ordeal until the end of the period (c1200) because the church began to reduce in power over judicial decisions. *LTQ* this is one reason why trial by ordeal was used in the period c1000-c1200.

I really don’t know if that’s spot on or a bit clumsy it’s been a while
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads