Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, may I know when you did your lnat? and how u felt about it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I haven't heard back yet is it for Law the offer you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayMan$$)
    Hi! I just got an offer and was really surprised because UCL is known for taking ages to respond. Maybe this year they're being a bit quicker?
    Hey was this for Law - massive congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNOV)
    I just got an offer
    Congratulations!! That's amazing!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected based solely on my LNAT essay which is scary to think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphorianne-)
    Hey hey UCL law applicant here as well :groovy:

Do you know if anyone has gotten offers from UCL to study law?
    Hey I know of a few people who have received offers no pressure but stats wise A*A*A*A* predictions. I just got rejected with A*A*A*A :-( based on my LNAT essay which is concerning, I thought only Oxford were bothered about the essay and that other universities simply looked at the score... very worried! But all is not lost :-) best of luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bostonrosew)
    I just got rejected based solely on my LNAT essay which is scary to think...
    How do you know it was because of the essay in particular?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0600)
    How do you know it was because of the essay in particular?
    On UCL track I received a letter of rejection stating:
    Regrettably your performance in the LNAT essay was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I know of a few people who have received offers no pressure but stats wise A*A*A*A* predictions. I just got rejected with A*A*A*A :-( based on my LNAT essay which is concerning, I thought only Oxford were bothered about the essay and that other universities simply looked at the score... very worried! But all is not lost :-) best of luck to you all!
    UCL look at the essay and consider it highly during the application process which I'm sure many are aware, I'm surprised you didn't tbh. Did they explicitly say it was due to the essay? Did you think the essay went well?

ReputationRep:
    On UCL track I received a letter of rejection stating:
    Regrettably your performance in the LNAT essay was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants.
    How did you think the essay went? I wanna know how harsh they are with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1231231)
    UCL look at the essay and consider it highly during the application process which I'm sure many are aware, I'm surprised you didn't tbh. Did they explicitly say it was due to the essay? Did you think the essay went well?
    Yeah I just read back over their website. I swapped out UCL A*AA as a bit of a gamble and to use my predicted grades to my advantage since most law is just AAA. It was instead of Reading AAB because I thought it would be cool to get in. My essay was toffee - I am well aware of that. One sentence conclusion did not favour me... but yes they explicitly said it was down to the essay. Somewhat gutted especially as to how this will affect my other choices, knowing that I have done quite badly in the essay. But I do believe very few other universities that take LNAT place so much as rejection weight upon the essay that is why I was kind of shocked. But - oh well :-) it was a gamble anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just read back over their website. I swapped out UCL A*AA as a bit of a gamble and to use my predicted grades to my advantage since most law is just AAA. It was instead of Reading AAB because I thought it would be cool to get in. My essay was toffee - I am well aware of that. One sentence conclusion did not favour me... but yes they explicitly said it was down to the essay. Somewhat gutted especially as to how this will affect my other choices, knowing that I have done quite badly in the essay. But I do believe very few other universities that take LNAT place so much as rejection weight upon the essay that is why I was kind of shocked. But - oh well :-) it was a gamble anyhow.
    Sorry, what are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what are you predicted?
    A*- History
    A*- Philsophy
    A*- English Language
    A - Maths (C - at AS yet had extenuating circumstances)

plus A* EPQ

ReputationRep:
    A*- History
    A*- Philsophy
    A*- English Language
    A - Maths (C - at AS yet had extenuating circumstances)

plus A* EPQ
    Seriously? They rejected you? I guess I have no chance then LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? They rejected you? I guess I have no chance then LOL.
    Hey, honestly, it's not all about grades remember... my personal statement was pretty rough... my LNAT essay was probably grammatically incorrect - my English under pressure is very bad.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Just hoping other universities don't think my essay was that atrocious... it could have been to do with the controversial opinions I put forward in my argument also now thinking about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphorianne-)
    Congratulations!! That's amazing!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS application?
    Thank you!! I sent UCAS end of September

ReputationRep:
    Hey, honestly, it's not all about grades remember... my personal statement was pretty rough... my LNAT essay was probably grammatically incorrect - my English under pressure is very bad.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Just hoping other universities don't think my essay was that atrocious... it could have been to do with the controversial opinions I put forward in my argument also now thinking about it...
    What was your essay on?
    Thanks a lot, I hope your other universities respond soon and have good news!

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected today too with 3 A* and 4 A at AS all because of the lnat essay. I have a Cambridge interview next week and I am scared for cam, lse and kings now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wantingp)
    Got rejected today too with 3 A* and 4 A at AS all because of the lnat essay. I have a Cambridge interview next week and I am scared for cam, lse and kings now
    OH MY OKAY SAME! Apart from I applied to Oxf, at least Cam won't look at the same LNAT essay... where as Oxford take LNAT essays seriously so I already just want to like nah I will be eaten alive in the interviews. And I am so nervous for Kings too but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - do your best - you're more than an admissions test! Well done on doing the CLT though!

ReputationRep:
    OH MY OKAY SAME! Apart from I applied to Oxf, at least Cam won't look at the same LNAT essay... where as Oxford take LNAT essays seriously so I already just want to like nah I will be eaten alive in the interviews. And I am so nervous for Kings too but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - do your best - you're more than an admissions test! Well done on doing the CLT though!
    Haha hopefully we both get kings to get over the ucl failure. I just feel like it’s such a **** time to get the rejection as my cam interview is next week and I don’t want to be thrown off

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.