Private MRI Help Needed

Watch
davidmainman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey Folks,

I have been diagnosed with a small syrinx in my spine and a bulging disc about 7 years ago. I have started with bad back ache and i am getting burning and tingling pain in my arms and legs, my doctor thinks it is nerve pain causing the burning and tingling. My doctor has offered to refer me for an MRI of the whole spine, but it could take 8 weeks sadly on the NHS.

I kindly wondered if anyone knows of a private MRI unit in the West Yorkshire area, with reasonable pricing. I am based in Huddersfield, if anyone could help i would be very thankful. I am very depressed and concerned about my pain and i really feel this scan would be helpful.

I know my local Spire hospital does scans and i will be enquiring tomorrow about the price, but i know numerous family members have stated, it can be extremely expensive.

Thank you so much for your time and your support, any help i would be forever grateful for. I really want to hopefully feel better soon.

Kind Regards,

David
GSedgley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I may not be able to offer much useful advice but I’d say to get on the nhs waiting list, it’s not as bad as they make it out to be. I had one within a couple of weeks!
However, the Yorkshire clinic is a private hospital that does do mri scans, but I don’t know the cost (it is in the cottingley/shipley area if you know where I mean)
Hope it all gets better for you, I understand what it’s like to have back problems and how rubbish it makes you feel
davidmainman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks so much for your help folks, it is appreciated.

The pain is quite severe about a 6/10, i just worry if i am waiting weeks for a scan, my symptoms could get worse. I will enquire about the cost privately but it might be worth trying to get on an NHS waiting list as you say and see what the timescales are.

I found a site that does MRI Scans, has anyone tried this, the fees seem reasonable?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.51%

Watched Threads