Abdulaziz M
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently at year 10 and I will do my Cambridge IGCSE at the end of year 11, I'm doing Igcse physics, chemistry, biology, maths, English Language, Geography and ICT. What are the best books to study from and what can I do to help achieve A* in every subject apart from memorizing the textbook and answering past papers.

Are the books published by Cambridge university press better than others and where can I find past papers by topic(speciously for geography).

Are the case studies for geography a lot? (I'm thinking of dropping geography maybe).
SheAimstraightAs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i heard Cambridge books are harder bec they want you to study higher than the exam standards and stuff// oxford is good too and any books that says "endorsed by cambridge inter assessment" is good enuff
Abdulaziz M
Rep:
?
Thx , really helped, however do you know where i could get past papers organised by topic for cambridge igcse subjects, i would say sciences and maths , and if theres one for geo that will be great.
Thanks in advance.
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i made some research! here it is
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i actually typed them all already but i didnt log in on the other browser ugghhh
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MATHS AND SCIENCES
https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/igcse/#CIE

https://mrmannmaths.wordpress.com/ho...sion-by-topic/

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...ion/igcse-cie/

https://drtayeb.com/0580-topical-conceptual-approach/

GEOGRAPHY
https://pastpapercompilation.com/201...eography-0460/ there are other subjects too! GOODLUCK
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do these sites have resources for Edexcel IGCSE?

Thanks!
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the link that says "savemyexams" does (: always
Abdulaziz M
Rep:
?
Thx a lot , i just looked through savemyexams, and i relised that my school gets our examinations from it , haha , anyways, if you dont mind me asking .Did you do your IG's.If yes, how was it for you , was it easy , was it hard.What were your grades?
How did you achieve them ? Thank you in advance , your one the most helpfull people i met at the student room.
Regards,
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ohhh!! hahaha XD then are you able to use the website for your revision? i am actually doing my IGCSE next year (: i make alot to research in general and thats how i know about some info about igcse It's pretty late but I'm reconsidering some of my subjects now. always and I hope more people could helppp
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SheAimstraightAs)
ohhh!! hahaha XD then are you able to use the website for your revision? i am actually doing my IGCSE next year (: i make alot to research in general and thats how i know about some info about igcse It's pretty late but I'm reconsidering some of my subjects now. always and I hope more people could helppp
What subjects are you thinking of changing?
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i plan to drop additional math and physics, and replace it with drama igcse, & arts and design igcse . I realised that there was no point for me to take the subject as IGCSE&similar exams are used for a person's future goals and plans, and my future had nothing to do with add maths and physics needed. i realised that i had been holding on to these 2 subjects still, for the wrong reasons: 1) since the beginning of when I chose my subjects, I've never dropped any of them and just kept adding more subjects. I was lowkey afraid to drop any because I was afraid that if I told my friends or teachers that I dropped a subject, they would think I'm not smart or don't really trust me enough to support me for my igcses (they're my only support because my mom doesn't really support it personally, she doesnt rlly understand the concept anyway, she just keeps saying that she is waiting for me to finish my IGCSE so smth smth money work smth smth. so yeah, i didnt want to lose my support from my teacher and friends.. so I kept holding on until now. I realised that my friends won't really mind anyway because they are my subjects and its not like i change my subject taking once a week. this is my first time and theres no harm. I felt alot of pressure and unnecessary stress from having to carry the subjects i didn't really want to take. so now im dropping them, I feel an immense weight lift off my chest (:. I am giving myself some days to think about my decision and confirm what I want. also, considering to drop either business or accounting. So, if i drop accounting I'll take business. If I take accounting, I'll drop business. still don't know thoughh and I gotta get help from my past school teachers. (im self studying/homeschooling with a tuition teacher coming over to my hse to teach me now)
SheAimstraightAs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh yeah! and I'm considering on taking coordinated science instead of pure sciences, or just chemistry and biology without physics
Abdulaziz M
Rep:
?
[Hey there!
I have the choice of taking my gcse's early, like taking them at the end of this year (year 10) , i can take chemistry , physics ,and maths .
Which are subjects i wish to take for AS level.
Do you think i should take (gcse: chem, phy, and math) early and at the end of year 10, then do AS chemistry physics and maths at year 11 with the rest of my gcse subjects, or wait and do all my gcse subjects at the end of year 11 , then do my AS level at year 12 . Please reply soon

+ Do you know if i plan to study in America do i need to do AS level and A level or just AS , because i heared for America i only need to do AS level with my gcse's, i plan to go to UCLA.
Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.89%
Excited but a bit nervous (121)
45.66%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.83%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.62%

Watched Threads