The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science Kings College London 2019 entry

Is biomedical science at kings college london accredited ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry this is not an answer to your question but I was just wondering when did you send out your application? Congrats on your offer!
Original post by angel2233
I have been made an offer to study biomedical science at kings college london (2019 entry) however I am concerned about this degree not being accredited by the IBMS. After the degree is it possible to become accredited via a training course or masters degree? and if so how long would this take? As I am most interested in working for the NHS as a biomedical scientist, which I have been told requires accreditation.

Sorry I know very little about how the course is accredited by the IBMS but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, if not there would definitely be a solution in terms of higher education eg masters. Congratulations on your offer by the way! May I ask what your CV was like as I have also applied but have not received any communication back yet.
Original post by nikkibbh
Sorry this is not an answer to your question but I was just wondering when did you send out your application? Congrats on your offer!

Last week :smile:
Original post by luketprg
Sorry I know very little about how the course is accredited by the IBMS but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, if not there would definitely be a solution in terms of higher education eg masters. Congratulations on your offer by the way! May I ask what your CV was like as I have also applied but have not received any communication back yet.

I checked on the IBMS website and none of the Russel group unis or 'prestigious' ones are accredited so surely there's another way around it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending