Do i need to leave space between each paragraph??

Watch
Exoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys do i need to leave spaces between paragraphs on the personal statement?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good question, and I did by the way. However, once I pasted it into ucas, it bunched together.
Exoy
Rep:
?
So i dont have to leave spaces??
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can afford the characters and lines do it, but it probably won't make any difference in terms of what they think of the statement - they'll understand you have limited space.
gracewb_93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I copy and pasted mine it removed the lines between paras, all I had was the long gap at the end of last line of each original para. I think having clear paras is nicer for them to read but i imagine it won’t be a deciding factor so I wouldn’t worry if you can’t do it.
Exoy
Rep:
?
Thank you all so much. I was at 52 lines with the spaces now i am at 45 lines..
mcdonaldkylie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don't need to - it's your choice. If you over the line limit (47), then don't leave spaces
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ideally - if you want your PS to get your points across clearly then you should be able to edit it down to leave blank lines between paragraphs.

Leaving your PS as a wall of text (even with a new line that’s how it looks) to be read in a 5 minute window and hoping that your main points don’t get skimmed over isn’t ideal.
Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We were told to put paragraphs in as it made it look more professional and easier to read, which is a huge advantage when the admission officer has several hundreds to read.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you've gone from 52 lines to 45 lines, you've got too many paragraphs - it should be 4/5 paragraphs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (630)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise