How should I revise GCSE Geography please? Watch

AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have mocks next months and I still haven’t started revising. I’ve been getting grade 4s the whole of Year 10 and I’m now in Year 11. My target grade is a grade 7. My exam board is Edexcel A.

How should I revise for Geography and the case studies please? Also any advice/tips for exam technique, especially for answering 3-8mark questions?
blackvoid17
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Make flashcards or any form of summarised notes to make it easier to learn the key facts for case studies. As for exam technique, try making up your own questions using the specification and answering them to the best of your ability. You'll become more comfortable when doing actual exam questions
CatsCatCats
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I agree with blackvoid17, I took geography a year early (so I did the gcse in year 10) and making flash cards with case study information and summarising the topics and info really helped me. Try doing past papers (if you can find any) and ask teachers for exam questions because the chances are some of those may appear on the exam. Just try your best in lessons and revise whenever you can, and remember just because your getting a 4 now, doesn't mean you'll get a 4 in the exam. (As in you could get higher, not lower)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed