username4302230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently experiencing a major dilemma. If I choose to apply for a BSc, will it be possible at the end of the 3rd year to actually do a masters at the university I'll be studying in? So basically changing from BSc to MSci.

If it's possible, can you tell me about the process and if there's any difference between the way applicants are seen when applying for a BSc and when applying for a MSci?

Thank you in advance!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrafteeDragon)
I'm currently experiencing a major dilemma. If I choose to apply for a BSc, will it be possible at the end of the 3rd year to actually do a masters at the university I'll be studying in? So basically changing from BSc to MSci.

If it's possible, can you tell me about the process and if there's any difference between the way applicants are seen when applying for a BSc and when applying for a MSci.
So generally an MSci is an integrated or undergrad Masters, and MSC is a standalone postgrad Masters.

Usually you choose at the start (ie through UCAS) to do an MSci, so a 3 year undergrad course and an integrated masters. It is much easier to start on the Masters course and drop back to the BSc than start on a BSc and then try and get on the integrated Masters path.

You can't generally do a standard BSc that doesn't have an integrated Masters and then just pick one up after your third year, but you could go on and do an MSc
username4302230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
So generally an MSci is an integrated or undergrad Masters, and MSC is a standalone postgrad Masters.

Usually you choose at the start (ie through UCAS) to do an MSci, so a 3 year undergrad course and an integrated masters. It is much easier to start on the Masters course and drop back to the BSc than start on a BSc and then try and get on the integrated Masters path.

You can't generally do a standard BSc that doesn't have an integrated Masters and then just pick one up after your third year, but you could go on and do an MSc
Thank you, It makes sense.
Anyway I think I know what to do now so once again, thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (7)
35%
No - I have already returned home (2)
10%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
30%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
20%

Watched Threads