Provisional insurance Watch

Liam0637
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, so I was wondering if I insure my car on provisional insurance will it show to the police and would they pull me over or will it just show as if I got insurance? Thanks just wondering
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you've got a full licence then you're an idiot for asking as it's obvious fraud.

You can't add provisional insurance to a car which hasn't got a main policy in place as well, if you tried that then most likely it would come up on MID as uninsured.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What above said. If you have a car with just a provisional license policy in place, either you'll get pulled for that being the only policy on the car but there only being one driver in the car, or you'll get pulled for wrongly showing l plates at which point it all comes unstuck. As well as the fact you'll be technically driving uninsured. Don't do it.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Liam0637)
Hi, so I was wondering if I insure my car on provisional insurance will it show to the police and would they pull me over or will it just show as if I got insurance? Thanks just wondering
Assuming it's a full policy and not that short term nonsense, the Police would be none the wiser... until you have a small prang in a car park, or are pulled for a bulb being out, or just at random...

When you get found out, you'll lose your licence - that's if your insurer doesn't run checks beforehand.. which most do now using your licence number.

You're an idiot if you think you can get away with this.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Liam0637)
Provisional insurance is only valid for learners, as you have to be supervised by a driving instructor, or someone who is over 21 and had their license for over three years and drive with 'L' plates. This is why it's much cheaper than regular car insurance!

If it was still valid for driving once you'd passed your test then everyone would be exploiting this to save money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (205)
23.51%
Pop (215)
24.66%
Jazz (33)